In a nutshell
The Virgin Atlantic fleet has an impressive record of on-time performance and we want to continue to exceed our passengers' expectations. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our team and help all our fleets maintain best in class reliability and on-time performance at the optimum cost. You will be a part of a dedicated fleet team helping them and wider engineering prepare and deliver the most effective support for one of our fleets. The Reliability engineer provides a pivotal role in focusing the wider team on mitigating emerging and current performance issues, second only to safety.
The role will contribute to the delivery of our fleet performance management system so the ideal engineer will have experience of developing smart metrics and utilising advanced processes for data analysis of fleets and their systems.
Looking to the future this role will also contribute to and help develop data science use within the Reliability team. Refining and developing existing data text mining tools and ensuring existing AHM /Airman alerting and predictive tools are being utilised effectively.
So, if you're an experienced engineer with a background in reliability and performance management of aircraft and engines, we'd like to hear from you.
Day to day
- Conduct reliability performance analysis and technical investigation to identify root causes of operational interruptions.
- Help to enhance operational reliability by identifying emerging trends and working with other departments to implement containment actions
- Define and deliver fleet reliability improvement options, conduct economic analysis and coordinate the delivery of actions across the engineering technical groups.
- Facilitate cross-disciplinary fleet, systems and component performance reviews.
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts and maintenance programmes to optimise fleet maintenance and modifications.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the fleet performance management system.
- Take ownership of the full life cycle costs of the airframe/component, ensuring these are understood and utilised to the maximum
- Develop and produce appropriate fleet reliability and performance reports to aid business decisions.
- Actively review department business processes to ensure they are current.
- Assist with aircraft entry into service and returns.
- Work as part of a multi task team, assist and support the requirements of Engineering to comply with all aspects of EASA regulations whilst ensuring fleet availability.
To succeed in this position, ideally you will hold a Degree/HND in an Engineering-related subject, or accreditation to A Licensed Aircraft Engineering (or equivalent) along with relevant experience.
Ideally, you will have good working knowledge of aircraft systems and engines, gained with an airline or OEM. Preferably, have experience working with Aircraft Health Monitoring tools used by Boeing/Airbus.
You will have highly developed analytical skills, together with detailed working knowledge of reliability and performance optimisation tools and techniques. Advanced skills in excel is essential as this role is has a high data analytics aspect to it. Flexible and adaptable, you will be excellent at multi-tasking and prioritising, with a collaborative approach, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills together with proven problem-solving ability. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.