We are now recruiting for a Reinsurance Actuary to join our Reinsurance Operations Team at Aviva UK. This role is ideal for a newly qualified actuary with pensions benefits knowledge who wants to cement their career in a blossoming team in the largest insurer in the UK.
The Reinsurance Team plays a key role by working with reinsurance companies and pension schemes to craft efficient capital solutions.
Most of our team are Norwich based, but we are happy for this person to be based anywhere as long as they're comfortable with weekly travel to Norwich. Some of the role's duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experience required:
- Review monthly account materials for a portfolio of reinsurance arrangements, ensuring a robust control framework and audit trail process
- Providing a detailed analysis of insured data extracts to determine any data changes that have occurred over the year since the last annual exercise
- Ensuring all materials produced are appropriate to share with Reinsurers and Trustees
- On-boarding all new schemes onto the reinsurance administration system within a timely manner
- Ensuring appropriate training and coaching is provided to the Reinsurance Operations team and other parts of the Group
- Maintaining an understanding of the key risks associated with our business area and consider any further methods of mitigations that may reduce our exposure
- Continually building knowledge to accommodate future reinsurance products as they are developed by the Reinsurance and Structuring team
What will you get for this role?
- Qualified Actuary, with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of reinsurance products and pension benefit specifications
- Strong organisational skills - designing and overseeing processes
- Robust commercial thinking to work with the broader team in achieving the group's targets
- Able to forge strong commercial relationships with internal and external business partners (insurers and trustees)
Oh, and by the way...
- A salary of £55,000 to £67,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. We'll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they're from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied, and we'll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we'd love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.