An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Radioactive Waste Process Operator in Submarines, Derby.
You will be a key member of the submarines manufacturing teams to support safe and efficient operation of the Waste Disposal areas and its associated processes. To Facilitate, Control and Minimise all waste coming out of the Contact Shop, Clean Shop and the MF1B facilities in accordance with site procedures and environmental legislation, and license conditions.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Follows health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations and can follow a pre-defined sequence of operations at all times
- Carries out Processing operations according to instructions and company standards and reports defeicencies with the instructions.
- Monitor's the processing operation and identifies and reports any problems that occur
- Can use all required tooling and equipment to a high level of competency whilst keeping work area safe and clean and reports undesired circumstances, near misses and accidents.
- Uses problem solving and business improvement techniques to ensure waste is managed efficiently to allow continued operations.
- Quality checks own work and ensures they meet set specifications and comply to the environmental permit
- Responsible for participating in building and site rehearsals as required by the emergency organisation
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Criticality Control and responsible for record keeping within the waste disposal areas.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified to Secondary school (GCSE or equivalent English & Maths)
- Business Improvement Techniques desirable
- Experience in waste management is preferred
- A basic understanding of the Environment Agency permitting is preferred although a willingness to develop this knowledge is essential.
- An awareness of the importance of sustaining and contributing to a strong safety culture
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possibleThis role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance.Closing date
: 19th August 2019Job Category
Factory Staff Posting Date
12 Aug 2019; 00:08