Sir Robert McAlpine's 'Special Projects' division are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team in London.
Complex heritage restoration and signature new build projects call for a different degree of care. They often require targeted and highly bespoke solutions. Our Special Projects team is dedicated to providing those schemes with the technical excellence and expertise they need.
Combining traditional, established skills with a contemporary approach to design, we work in partnership with our clients, designers and architects. This is to ensure that the end result is beautiful in every detail, reflecting the best of both old and new designs, techniques and finishes. Also at our disposal, is the wide range of technical knowledge and engineering skills available across Sir Robert McAlpine and a network of some of the finest artisans and specialist craftsman operating in our profession. Why join us?
In the 150 years since our foundation, Sir Robert McAlpine has worked on some of the country's most iconic buildings and projects. Our success through the decades has been down to our people - we're a family-owned business with a culture that brings out the best in individuals and teams.
Right now, we're excited about continuing our legacy. This is where to achieve more from your career, by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us. The "Quantity Surveyor" role:
A member of the commercial team reporting to the Project Commercial lead or Regional Commercial Manager. You will be r esponsible for a range of commercial responsibilities including measurement, contract administration, record keeping, maintaining key schedules for information and procurement, tendering, placement and management of subcontract works packages throughout the project pre-construction phase.
Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor include, but are not limited to:
- Good understanding of the contract, preparation of notifications and loss and expens
- Discharge the key commercial responsibilities required by the project and role.
- Be a positive role model for how we should all live the company's Vision and Values.
- Minimise risk, maximise opportunity, minimise cost and maximise value.
- Guide, develop and motivate the commercial team or section for which they are responsible.
- Work within a team and provide support to the commercial lead and/or Regional Commercial Manager.
- Change Management - Experience in successfully delivery business wide cultural change programmes.
- BSc Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
- Experience in cut and carve / refurbishment projects
- A good knowledge of procurement and project management relating to construction projects.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.