We are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to join our Rail Consultancy business based in either York, Leeds, Manchester or Warrington. Why Arcadis?
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success. Job Description
We are seeking to locate a career minded Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager to support the Rail team on a Multi-disciplinary programme of works across the North, based in our York office. Our team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with our blue-chip clients in Rail, which include: Estimating and Commercial Services to multiple Rail Infrastructure projects. This role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within our business.
Working with an established team, reporting to the Commercial Director, you're role shall be to provide competent and professional quantity surveying expertise supporting Capital Programme Investment Delivery across a number of key projects. Requirements
\t About Arcadis:
- We are seeking to recruit a chartered Quantity Surveyor with proven infrastructure experience. \t
- Liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner. \t
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications to price schemes \t
- To assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement, presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report. \t
- Interface with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support meeting the required reporting deadlines. \t
- Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them. \t
- Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned with any early warnings. \t
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects. \t
- Managing and report change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties. \t
- Be proficient with software, particularly Microsoft office requirements.
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
RICS accredited Surveyor or equivalent.