Enhance Experian's world-leading decision management PowerCurve software suite to better serve some of the world's largest blue-chip companies.
Collaborate in a new Agile Scrum team, focussed on new feature development, integrated within a truly global, culturally diverse software group.
Validate software features and the way in which they are deployed and consumed by clients and the wider Delivery organisation, with an emphasis on both automation and new technology adoption.
Work with and learn the most exciting technologies in data, analytics and decisioning. You will be challenged to drive our products forward, ensuring software is stable, secure, and performant as standard.
Experian is committed to making our QA professionals as successful as possible by fostering an autonomous, dynamic team environment. We also provide relevant training, and support practices such as pair-programming, shared learning events (internal and external) and innovation days.
• Facilitate and contribute to story evolution; from conversation starters through to true Definition of Done implementations.
• Active participation in Scrum rituals, with an emphasis on iterative improvement and shared team goals.
• Ensure software is correctly designed and tested throughout the development lifecycle.
• Involvement in the creation and review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications, performance, scalability, usability, and security compliance testing.
• Work with the Product Owner to ensure features meet end-user needs. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with design and implementation of new features.
• Develop automated test cases, with supporting data to meet business requirements. Incorporate appropriate level tests into the Continuous Delivery pipeline.
• Promotion of best practice testing within the team.
• Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that committed work is completed to DoD.
• Engage with the wider global group to ensure programme-level functional quality, performance and supportability.
• Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
• Maintain and improve existing system documentation.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
You are an Agile practitioner with a strong background in software testing and enterprise technology. Problem-solving and creative design solutions are second nature - you apply the most relevant skills, and seek to learn new ones, to complete highly complex tasks.
You are enthused about testing methodologies, frameworks, libraries and tools.
You provide testing guidance in the evolution of stories at all points within the SDLC. You are very conscious of providing your end consumer the best experience.
You learn fast and have a desire to share knowledge effectively. You possess an astute business awareness to understand 'why' we are doing something.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 2+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance
• Practical experience of using agile development methodologies.
Technologies, Languages, Frameworks:
• Test case creation, execution and management of functional, automated and performance test scenarios.
• Good knowledge of desktop automation testing tools/frameworks such as QFTest, UFT, Ranorex, EggPlant, HP Quality Centre, CodedUI etc.
• Awareness of behaviour-driven development (BDD) testing processes using frameworks like Cucumber and Gherkin.
• Experience with programmatic test creation. Usage of programming languages and technologies such as Java, C#, Groovy, Python and Swagger.
• Awareness of test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, integration testing, regression testing and GUI testing.
• Knowledge of automated build / Continuous Integration platforms, e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS.
• Experience using version control systems such as Git and SVN.
• Atlassian product suite (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) or other Agile work item management tools.
• Understanding of XML and JSON.
• Experience working with virtual environments (e.g. VMWare, AWS, Hyper-V, VirtualBox) and remote machine access (e.g. RDP, PuTTy, WinSCP)
• Experience working from the command line (e.g. DOS, PowerShell, Bash)
• Basic knowledge of SQL database administration.
Nottingham UK. Easily accessible location outside the city centre, well serviced by main roads, and all forms of public transport.
About Experian and PowerCurve:
Experian Decision Analytics (DA) integrates predictive data and analytics into valuable business decisions that provide greater insight into decision performance and helps companies keep pace with changing business priorities. By applying expert consulting, analytical tools, software and systems to convert data into valuable business decisions
Our expertise spans a variety of industries and we provide software to some of the world's largest finance, telcos and other blue-chip companies. The crown jewel in our software suite is PowerCurve which provides best-in-class decisioning applied across the whole customer life-cycle from customer acquisition to in-life and collections.