Publishing Development Manager Contract:
Full time, fixed-term contract ending 31 March 2021 Salary:
Cambridge What it's about
This is a great opportunity to join a small and friendly team managing the endorsement of textbooks and digital resources to support Cambridge Assessment International Education syllabuses. This involves managing a rigorous quality-assurance process. We've got an exciting couple of years ahead with a large number of projects coming in for review, particularly at primary and lower secondary level. The Publishing Development Manager will manage relationships with our established publishing partners, as well as with new providers. They will be responsible for ensuring that plans are agreed and delivery schedules met. This is a fixed-term contract ending 31 March 2021. What you'll be doing
- Work with publishers and Cambridge staff to ensure that a range of high-quality materials is endorsed to support Cambridge teachers and learners.
- Commission, brief and manage consultants as part of our quality assurance review process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with external publishing partners to implement any required changes.
- Ensure publishing plans are agreed and review schedules met.
- Approve publishers' catalogues and marketing materials.
- Implement processes for endorsing digital resources.
- Ensure information on endorsed resources is clearly communicated to customers.
What we're looking for
- Manage copyright applications as necessary.
We're looking for someone who has an exceptional eye for detail, and understands what's involved in publishing educational materials in both print and digital formats. You should be a strong and clear communicator, methodical in approach, and able to work to tight deadlines. Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- High standard of English
- Time management and prioritisation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Analytical and evaluation skills
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Competent IT user
- Educational publishing experience (content development rather than production/technical)
- Experience and understanding of issues related to publishing for an international market
- Experience of working on both print and digital product
- Project management
- Experience of publishing or teaching at primary level would also be helpful.
Who we are
- Collaborative and considerate
- Decisive and clear
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits. Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you. The closing date for receipt of applications is 28/07/2019 and interviews will be held on 05/08/2019 . If you're successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application. CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYERJob Segment:
Copy Editor, Proofreading, Bank, Banking, Publishing, Creative, Finance