Job title: Protection Business Account Manager (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Location: Scotland (required travel around Scotland and into the North East
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Protection Business Account Manager (Face to Face) to be based in Scotland. Ideally we are looking for someone living in Scotland or possibly the North East.
You will maintain and develop business relationships on a panel of strategic Account intermediaries to exceed sales targets. In addition, develop and grow profitable relationships with intermediaries through sales and business consultancy, predominantly via the telephone, along with face-to-face visits where appropriate, to support the overall Zurich Intermediary Group Distribution strategy.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren't available full-time.
• Create, develop and maintain relationships remotely with key intermediaries to promote Zurich Intermediary Group and drive protection sales
• Demonstrate an understanding of how the intermediary business works: their current position, future aspirations and how Zurich Intermediary Group can partner with them to make life easier.
• Promote the Zurich Intermediary proposition predominantly using remote distribution methods
• Understand responsibilities associated with FSA membership (including TCF), and how this affects Zurich Intermediary Group and intermediaries.
• Be at the leading edge of understanding the market place and industry developments when dealing with distributors. Understand the RDR and the impact this is having for intermediaries as they deal with both clients and providers to help develop their business.
• Operate an effective Client Management system and robust sales process
• Operates within CDF scheme
• Improve and update product and market knowledge and apply this knowledge appropriately
Your skills and experience:
• Experience of selling / promoting protection products
• Excellent and deep understanding of the Intermediary marketplace, RDR, competitors, as well as Intermediary business models, technology and processes
• Detailed propositional knowledge across the entire range of Zurich products
• Good knowledge of FSA & governance responsibilities
• Ability to deliver a consultative sales process with intermediaries and be able to consult with them about their current and future business needs and integrate Zurich Proposition
• Adapts communication style to the individual needs of intermediaries
• Able to network and successfully build relationships via remote media and face-to-face contact and be able to demonstrate consultative engagement
• Have effective personal and business organisational and planning skills with a shown ability to think creatively and to innovate
• Be self-motivated, goal orientated and resilient in a high pressure environment
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes -
• 12% pension
• 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Annual company bonuses
• Full private medical cover
• Company car
• Home workers allowance
• Individual sales bonus
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Discounted gym membership,
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gadget insurance
• Discounted will writing service
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, marital status, gender identity, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.