There is a need for more openness about how data is collected and used for the benefit of consumers. In business, we are all aware of the advantages that data-driven technology can bring. Yet the way data is harnessed "for good" hasn't, to date, been a central part of the prevailing "data narrative".
As a trusted data custodian for millions of consumers, we believe that organisations have a responsibility to build that trust with consumers by demonstrating their integrity through better data stewardship, transparency and accuracy. And building that trust, in turn, will deliver better business outcomes.
For those reasons, Data Management is today a strategic growth area for the UK&I as well as for the Group. Data Management is one of our largest market opportunities, making this appointment a critical and strategic one for the Company growth plan.
Key Experian LTD. Facts
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100.
- Total revenue (March 2017) was $4.5bn and PBT of $1bn+. UK revenue in excess of $1bn.
- Employs over 17,000 people in 37 countries with the corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Key Decision Analytics Facts
- 13% of Group revenue - c$700m.
- Revenue by Regions: North America 28%; Latin America 8%; UK and Ireland 37%; EMEA/Asia Pacific 27%
- Market leading provider in the major regions.
Key Data Management Facts
- Data Management is a strategic discipline in its own right (circa $200m globally) and also an essential one to support and grow our Analytic business with which it has portfolio synergy.
- Very strong financial performance as worldwide leader in Contact Data Management ($150m globally)
- Following the acquisition of X88 Pandora in 2014 and the soft launch of Aperture in February 2018, we have sold more than 100 distinct licences and projects, with a very strong footprint in Retail, Financial Services and Public Sector.
- Our solutions encompass Operational Data Quality, Data Migration, Single Customer Views, Compliance and Data Preparation for Analytics.
The Propositions Senior Manager, Data Management, UK & Ireland, will be pivotal to supporting the growth of the Data Management business in UK&I - a business we are looking to grow by >60% in the next financial year.
Key to driving this growth:
- Driving better communication and clarity between our Global Product Development (GPD) teams and our Go to Market (sales) functions; helping GPD to better understand the market and providing GTM with products that better meet market need.
- Helping to shape the GPD product roadmap so it better aligns with the needs of the UK&I region.
- Accelerating the development of propositions for GTM and better aligning these with the customer needs of our different vertical markets. A proposition comprises sales enablement, marketing material, professional services workpackages and product customisation - activity the Proposition Senior Manager will drive across the functions responsible for these elements.
- Supporting with pre-sales, sales and delivery through client engagement activity. This includes the preparation of materials as well as undertaking sales enablement activity which will support our GTM teams to sell more effectively.
- The scope of the role includes client facing activities, leadership across the various functional teams, market requirements and commercial justification.
- This individual will be recognised and trusted as a market expert by Experian's consultants, sales and delivery personnel for his/her knowledge of products, propositions and solutions. They will work closely with individuals from across our functions including GTM, GPD and Professional Services.
- This role will be based in the UK (London Southwark) with a need to spend time on site where the teams are located. The Data Management team is in London, the rest if the Group activities are split between London and Nottingham.
- To drive forward our propositions with pace.
- Someone to proactively coordinate all the functions to produce propositions which we can (a) sell and (b) deliver.
- Produce high quality content rapidly where needed.
- Engage with Industry Verticals to 'verticalize' our propositions (a gap with our current propositions)
- Coordinate and drive global efforts to ensure that Aperture has the functionality to support our propositions.
- Coordinate with marketing to align our propositions with marketing campaigns and effectively drive marketing activity from the Central marketing team and proactively drive the marketing plan
- Ultimately be accountable for the £4m of NB billings associated with propositions.
- Drive proposition sales through sales enablement, development of collateral and supporting with sales activity where appropriate.
- Define the commercials of propositions with our commercial team.
- Help ensure that our sales teams are successfully educated on product positioning, differentiation and key features.
The successful candidate will be a highly commercial and driven individual. The individual could be from a Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Consulting or a Technology background. The key personal qualities are that the candidate can:
- Understand the potential of our Data Management products and their applicability to solving a wide range of business problems;
- Can take the above understanding, combine it with market knowledge and sales / marketing experience to develop targeted, compelling and easy to sell propositions.
- Can enthuse and enable our sales force.
- Can work across multiple teams to drive outcomes - using strong personal qualities to influence outcomes.
- It is beneficial that the candidate has experience in Data Management and environments where a consultative sales process is followed by software licence sell and implementation, such as strategy consulting and higher order, techenabled or data services.
- He/she will have experience in working in a large, matrix environment with a proven ability to work through influence and collaboration.
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role
- In a product development management role within a Data Management software house, technology consulting firm and/or a System Integrator. Familiar with driving the implementation and launch of new technologies and their business application, awareness of enterprise architectures and solution design.
- 2+ years of delivering on growth targets
- Proven track record of successfully executing product initiatives, developing go to market strategies, supporting client contracts and negotiations through to implementation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Marketing or related field is required.
Critical Leadership and Personal Characteristics
- Driving Results
- Collaborating and Influencing
- Leading People
- Communication Excellence
- Regulatory Adherence