Description We are recruiting for a Proposalsand Technical Bid Writer to join our Rail Business based in Warrington orManchester. About Arcadis:
AtArcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond ourprojects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remakingpublic spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate,we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving qualityof life.
It's abig challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, whodeliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, buildsustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize theexperiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve byworking together and applying our skills and expertise across design,consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll findsolutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliverexceptional results, today and tomorrow.
The railway sector is one ofour core markets, a position it has held throughout our history. We prideourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructuredesign and construction schemes.The Role
The Proposals and Technical Bid Writer Role will work with the Rail Central teambased in Warrington / Manchester to produce, plan, and deliver winning bids ina cost-effective manner. The Proposals and Technical Bid Writer Role will be anintegral part of our Market to Opportunity and Pursuit to Win team within thebusiness unit and the wider rail community.
Your main responsibilities willinclude the following:
This role requires anability to influence, organise, work under pressure and to challengingdeadlines. The successful candidate will have strong delivery skills.Therefore, we expect any candidate to excel at the following:
- Beresponsible in sourcing, collating, writing and winning high value Rail andmulti-discipline pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders
- Contributeto the team at key stages of individual tender projects, gathering technicaldata from internal departments in order to compile and ensure a high qualitybespoke solution is offered to the client.
- Raisingthe company's profile via exceptional quality pre-qualification questionnairesand tender submissions.
- Experiencein analysing bid invitations, diagnosing key issues & risks, and identifyingthe bid win criteria
- Responsiblefor proof reading material, provide technical and commercial writing skills,display creative flair in tender plans ensuring high standards of accuracy anddocument control against agreed deadlines.
- Leadingthe collation and development of Bid Collateral and Business Developmentmaterial supporting the Rail North East Account Leadership team.
- Manageportals and internal processes, making relevant internal stakeholders aware ofopportunities as part of our assurance process
- Ensurethat the end-to-end bid process is followed as well as adherence to allnecessary bid procedures and governance.
- Workswith the bid team to develop a clear bid win strategy and bid storyboard, andensures win themes are client outcome focussed and included into the bidresponses
- Manageresponses from the technical teams and ensures that the final technicalsubmission is in a common style in compliance with the bid strategy
- Developsand implements bid programmes and plans, ensuring all contributors deliver ontime and to quality whilst keeping them informed and motivated
- A real self-starter with personal driveand desire to win, with the ability to support this culture within a team
- Organized with excellent writing andcommunication skills (this needs to be evidenced at interview)
- Have a good standard and level ofeducation
- Fantastic people skills to developrelationships
- Ability to put together the content forsuccessful pre-qualifications and tenders
- Commitment to excellence
- Diligent with a strong attention todetail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritizework load with minimal supervision
- Communicating with confidence
- Confident with IT, excelling inMicrosoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, etc) and publishingsoftware such as InDesign.
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's rightfor you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own careergoals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time tolisten, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide thesupport you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive rewardpackage that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for careerdevelopment and being part of a sociable community. We have aperformance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Otherbenefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body,employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holidayscheme.
Webelieve that by working together diverse people with different experiencesdevelop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at theheart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our peopleacross six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ andRace. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
The Proposals and Technical BidWriter Role will preferably be an individual with a demonstrable track recordin supporting winning bids and strategies. Ideally the individual will bedegree qualified or equivalent and have a background in technical writing forwinning work and strategic bidding. Experience of working in a team andparticipating in key review meetings with senior members of an organisation.