Description - External
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are recruiting a Project Systems Engineer to join the team in Birchwood.
You will form lead and direct a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver a technical solution for the allocated system that meets the corresponding requirements, associated performance conditions and constraints in the Functional Specification for the system, to the agreed time, cost and quality. Role R e s p o n s i b i li t i e s
- I m p l e m e n t the Engineering Elements of the Project Execution Plan for the system .
- Lead the specification and development of a solution that considers the full lifecycle requirements for the product and satisfies the System Requirement Specification/s .
- Carry out work in line with the Sellafield Ltd. Project Delivery Fundamentals .
- L ea d the identification of design, engineering, technical and safety case risks for the system and contribute to remedial action planning and implementation.
- E n s u r e that the engineering of the system is compliant with the hazard management strategy and ensure that all hazards are managed proportionately .
- I d e n t i f y i n g , implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies , l e g i s l a t i v e , regulatory, requirements as relevant to the system .
- D e f i n e , manage and report technical scope including planned products via a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) and derived enabling work activities via a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the system.
- Coordinate the specification of derived product capabilities, associated conditions, constraints and validation (to evidence needs).
- E n s u r e that derived product requirements are val i d , a pp r o p r i a t e and that each requirement has an owner.
- D e f i n e and coordinate derived product verification activities for the area and include all associated a c t i v i t i e s i n t o the baseline scope .
- Assess and capture verification evidence demonstrating satisfaction of the System Requirements
- S p e c i f i c a t i on and Product Breakdown Structure for the system.
- Support the Area Engineering Manager in developing the design elements of the schedule and estimate for the system and then own and execute the design schedule and estimate for the system .
- Accurately report and forecast progress for the system in terms of time, cost and scope delivered.
- I m p l e m e n t the risk based assurance strategy for the system and ensure appropriate oversight is provided of the engineering design outputs.
- Apply an agreed pragmatic and proportionate approach to design substantiation, quality requirements and life time records for the system.
- Engage with all stakeholders related to their system, representing the engineering design community , setting the standards for behaviour and engagement
- Lead a team of competent (SQEP) people to deliver the design for the system through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Delivery of design solutions that meet the System Requirements Specification within the agreed budget, timeframe and quality.
- E n s u r i n g all technical, safety and engineering risks for the system are identified, owned and managed .
- E n s u r i n g the status and performance of work for the system is reported in an accurate and timely manner .
- E n s u r i ng all necessary outputs for the system are generated to meet safety, environmental and legal requirements that enable receipt on nuclear licensed site, installation, commissioning and taking into service of plant and equipment.
- E n s u r i n g a pp r o p r i a t e and adequate design standards and practices are deployed and deliverables and solutions generated are safe, legal and adequately underpinned.
- E n s u r i ng SQEP people are deployed and periodic forecasting of resources is accurate.
- E n s u r i ng design resource strategy (as defined by the PEM) is implemented in the system.
- P r o v i d e e ng i ne e r i n g input to the work scope definition for other disciplines in their system.
- To deliver the Design and Engineering solution within the expenditure limit set by the Project Manager with the agreed schedule for the system.
- Assign required project design approval role to suitable to people.
- To prioritize and allocate design work to meet requirements for the system.
- Excellent IT skills especially excel
- Lots of initiative
- Great organisational skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadline
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero'
by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM
(Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall
. We are also Disability Confident Committed
; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,
inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.