At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships. It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include: 1. Ensuring a proactive approach to Nuclear, Radiological, Conventional and Environmental safety to ensure they are embedded within your delivery team and adherence is continuously monitored on the construction site in accordance with approved documents. a. Attend safety training courses as required b. Complete Safety audits as per agreed schedule c. Audit onsite RA and POWRA for compliance d. Lead by example - set the correct standards e. Ensure those under your line management, complete audits as per agreed schedule
2. Liaise with Early Engagement Engineer and attend meetings as required to gain the necessary knowledge prior to RFQ for your agreed projects. This may include but not limited to: a. Design feasibility study b. Constructability Review c. HAZCON d. General early engagement activities
3. Accountability for the safe and timely delivery of Projects under your control including but not limited to: a. Development of Tender i. Early engagement information incorporated ii. Tender returned within agreed timescales b. Preparation, review & approval of key control documents to include: i. Risk Assessment / Risk Register owner ii. Fully costed, resourced and clash managed schedule iii. All necessary Quality Plans associated with project iv. Method Statements (as required) v. LTR index c. Procurement i. Purchase of necessary materials to complete the works ii. Ensuring materials are to correct specification iii. Timely arrival of materials and sub contracts to facilitate the works
d. Delivery i. SQEP resources are available ii. Supervisor allocated to works iii. Site productivity is in line with agreed schedule iv. Quality plan updated in line with completion of works a. LTR i. Produced concurrent to site works ii. Issued to client within agreed timescales iii. Formal LFE session held (PM to chair)
4. Administration of CEMAR to ensure documents are transmitted / responded to in the correct timings a. EWN's b. CEN's including development of quotations c. Approval of TQ's d. General communications as required e. SMI's acted upon
5. Liaise with Project Controls Manager to keep all your relevant reports up to date including but not limited to: a. Schedules b. Cost reports c. Quantitative tracking measures d. Risk Registers
6. Be the primary point of contact for SL Construction and Project teams for all projects under your control and attend the following meetings, but not limited to: a. Risk and opportunities meeting b. Risk reviews c. Clash Management issues d. Combined Management housekeeping walk down e. General Project related meetings as required by the client
7. Attend weekly resource planning meeting with other Project Managers to review and agree: a. Following weeks planned resource requirements b. 6-week resource look ahead c. Supervisor forward workload d. Sub-contractor requirements e. Scaffolding planning
8. Produce weekly summary report and issue to the lead team. Take part in construction surgery as required by the lead team.
9. Delegate duties as required to the Project Engineers to enable safe and timely delivery of projects under your control
10. Financial monitoring of projects under your control, to include: a. Monitoring of project budgets against tender b. Obtaining value for money c. Actively encourage cost savings your team and ensure these are recorded in the benefits realisation register
11. Line Management o f agreed Project Engineers, to include but not limited to:
a. Providing leadership b. Management of leave and absence c. Give clear guidance on the required standards and expectations d. Report any IR issues with individuals to Leadership TeamEssential
Engineering Degree/PM Qualification
Our Culture At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.