Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection ofover 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we createtechnologies that take society further.
We're looking for people with the skills and visionto build a better tomorrow. Join Gas and Power Division as a Project Managerand help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world asmarter place for tomorrow. Working as partof a team you will be responsible for Gas Turbines and Compressor equipmentinstalled within the region UK & Ireland. The role is preferably based inour Lincoln office which is based in the Product Competency Centre for SiemensSmall Gas Turbines, but this can be flexible as we also have offices in Warwickand Manchester. The challenge for the Project Manager is to bring together theservices and activities across the fleet and different legal entities in a waythat presents a "One Siemens" view to the customer.
This role would be ideal for a person with a technical bias who wants toexpand their customer-facing skills managing Long Term Programmes (LTPs) andad-hoc outages.
It's incredibly importantthat our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in havinga friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that developmentand training is important to many and that's why we have a supportiveenvironment which invests in our employee's development. Feelfree to click on this link to see what it's like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04 Change the future with us.
Useyour skills to move the world forward.
- Act as focal point for all issues concerningthe Siemens rotating fleet and associated equipment, ensuring delivery alignsto the Contract obligations.
- Planning and safe delivery of all outages,overseeing the production of work-packs and associated outage project plans,maintaining and developing mitigation strategies for all pre-identified oremerging risks. Planning and execution to be in accordance with Siemens ProjectManagement Methodology, PM@Siemens.
- Co-ordination of unscheduled maintenanceactivities and breakdowns, ensuring that a structured and considered approachis adopted.
- Challenge own organization, and that ofsub-contractors, to provide the best possible value proposals that meet theCustomer requirements.
- Briefing of all personnel who shall travel tothe Customer site. Conduct close monitoring of their activities whilst deployed,co-ordinate appropriate levels of support from technical functions, review andapproval of all timesheets, the recording of non-productive time andmaintaining the reconciling of spend vs PO cover as jobs unfold.
- Co-ordinate and conduct an after action reviewand lessons learned post outage.
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Educated to degree level (preferably in anengineering, business or project management discipline)
- A prior customer management role is essential
- Project management experience in the Oil& Gas or Power Generation Industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Knowledge of PM@Siemens would be advantageous
- APM PRINCE2 or PMI qualifications aredesirable
Siemens Gas and Power isfocused on helping customers navigate the world's most pressing energyproblems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions andservices make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible powersolutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includesa generous base salary and annual bonus . We celebratethe fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs.With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor yourbenefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases withservice), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company sharescheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought thesame, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great mindsfrom all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce iscritical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applicationsfrom a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibilityrequirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Closing date forapplications: Friday 23 rd August Job ID:
Gas and PowerCompany:
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.Experience Level:
not definedJob Type: