At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector. Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
This role is to facilitate each of the Framework Tasks and Project variations are undertaken on a sound commercial basis and in accordance with commercial policy to maximise profit to risk ratio.
This includes ensuring commercial support to the commercial specialist allocated on the framework/projects, to guide and deliver our commercial obligations. Role Responsibilities Contract Administration
- Provision of contract management support to Senior QS and PM on day to day activities or issues which may arise. Support with Implementation and maintenance of processes to ensure managed correctly and full entitlement is obtained.
- Appreciation and awareness of the framework contracts, project scope of works and programmes, challenge where necessary when variations unfold.
- Awareness of CEMAR including support with issuance of comms such as EWN's, CE's, GC's, Programme submissions and Application for Payments.
- Support with preparation and maintenance of customer forecast requirements and invoice status, liaising with customer of any queries.
- Support with communications to the client on any queries with regards to commercial/ contract administration.
- Attendance in customer meetings. Change Management
- Provide support to encourage the recognition of contract changes on framework projects, support roll out of change management processes.
- Provision of support to the delivery team with the preparation and processing of contractual claims and variations, including inputs into CEMAR.
- Assist with the management of the necessary contractual notices and ensure these are served in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Provision of support to Subcontracts regarding variations, including provision of training and generation of change control processes and support on notifications where required.
- Support with preparation and maintenance of Project Change Register.
- Awareness of the relevant Delegations of Authority (DOA) and support with ensuring these are complied with, along with supporting the process to gain the relevant approvals when necessary. Project Controls
- Support with maintenance and overview of procurement tracker, maintained by project controls.
- Support with reviewing cost and value per work order and highlight inaccuracies and adjustments where necessary.
- Support with preparation of client Application for Payment, provide advice to project controls with regards to compilation of data.
- Provision of support to project planner to ensure programme is maintained effectively in accordance with the contract.
- Provision of support with compilation of supply chain and subcontract RFQ's where necessary, including liaising with project controls and supply chain of items/ subcontracts which require procuring/ placement of PO and subcontracts. Support with associated governance. Subcontract Management
- Support with; Subcontract Valuation Assessments, Payment Certification, Notification of Variations and EWN's. Including support with providing training where necessary on subcontract administration. Maintenance of payment schedules to ensure supplier invoices are correct.
- Support with reviewing Subcontract and Supply Chain quotes, challenge and raise queries. Liaise with supply chain and technical where necessary.
- Support with preparation and maintenance of new and existing internal service arrangements.
- Attendance of Subcontract progress and commercial meetings. Tendering
- Support with preparation of tender documentation for internal review. Inc. support with preparation of tender clarifications, risk analysis, CEM's etc.
- Preparation and issuance of Task Orders / Compensation events. Financial
- Analysis of monthly cost and value outputs, registered invoices and collation of month end accruals. Inc. reviewing any retention accruals necessary.
- Review of financial reporting output (PPA), support with maintenance of End Life Forecast (ELF), support with updating the financial and commercial section of monthly project report.
Excellent IT skills especially excel Lots of initiative Great organisational skills Confident decision-making ability Excellent communication skills The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines A comprehensive knowledge of relevant commercial contracts, specifically NEC3/NEC4