At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Site Based Project Engineer leading the execution of projects and tasks associated within the TDA and SL Programme.
- Line Manager for the Supervisors and Operatives associated with the task.
- The delivery performance of the tasks and the reporting of the performance metrics.
- Key interface with the stakeholders including SL Construction Team and SL Design.
- Engagement with the client to develop and define the scope via constructability reviews
- Be visible in the workplace and lead by example demonstrating the standards set by the business.
- Support the preparation of estimates and budgets.
- Ensure that everyone within the delivery team is capable and competent to undertake the assigned task.
- Offer guidance to allocated staff and direct assistance where necessary.
- Plan work activities and resources to meet task requirements safely and effectively.
- Challenge all unacceptable behaviours and ensure the team act in a professional manner.
- Ensures scope is performed in line with the client requirements and is also responsible for the delivery of SL multi-discipline design packages through SDDR and other SL processes.Essential
Minimum 5 year's experience in Project Engineering in a Nuclear Environment.
Current Security Clearance
Classified or Monitored worker.
Will be required to pass a Medical to prove fitness to work in a Radiological environment.
The ability to undertake work in radiological environment, wearing relevant PPE.
Experience of British & International Standards (BS EN13480, BS EN 1993, ASME 31.3, BS EN 10216 etc) specification, review and procurement of mechanical equipment like pumps, valves, pipework, steelwork is required.
In depth knowledge of the legislative, regulatory, quality and environmental requirements relating to nuclear engineering projects.
Knowledge and Experience in Bottom up Estimating.
NEC3 delivery experience.
Experience in Procurement and Buying linked to the Nuclear Industry.
Knowledge and Experience with the latest engineering tools and techniques to execute work to the most efficiency.
Understanding of the CDM Regulations 2015.
Ability to Manage Sub-Contractors in a Nuclear Environment.
Availability of full-time presence on site
APM PMQ qualification or equivalent.
Qualified to Degree level or equivalent.
Construction Management qualification or equivalent.
Held a SQEP position within the Sellafield Construction, engineering department.
Experience in working within restricted buildings on the Sellafield site.
Knowledge and Experience with Management of Contractors in a Nuclear Environment.
Knowledge and Experience with managing blue collar workers Dose Limitations in a Nuclear Environment.
Our Culture (standard Txt, must be included)
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.