About the Role Base Location:
Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland. Salary:
Competitive + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available What is the Role?
Project Developer's play a pivotal role in our rapidly growing Distributed Energy team. We develop market leading solar and battery storage assets on the UK's power grid, at scale.
You'll be responsible for developing projects you have been assigned, in the solar PV and battery market. The Project Developer reports to the Head of Development, and you're likely to work on a range of projects over time, some earlier stage (acquisitions or greenfield) and some later stage. You may work on greenfield development or acquisitions of project rights. What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:
- Experience comfortably leading a multi-disciplined project team in order to successfully develop a project from concept to obtaining Board approval to be built
- Previous experience in a business development or project development role dealing with technical projects in the energy sector: power / gas / carbon markets, planning and permitting, grid connections, land agreements.
- Be an excellent communicator capable of preparing authorisation papers / presentations and delivering them to committees
- Ideally, you will bring some experience in originating, qualifying and developing distributed power and energy projects in the UK, and a track record in managing partnerships and supply relationships.
- Previous experience in key aspects of renewable project development (grid, land and planning) as well as a good understanding of related commercials, legals, power project economics and corporate finance.
An engineering background isn't essential but you'll need to be able to work with technical and economic concepts with regards to distributed energy solutions and all relevant matters pertaining to applicable legislation, in particular safety, health and the environment. About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ' Inclusion & Diversity at SSE ' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact [email protected]
/ 01738 344072.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.