Several new exciting opportunities for Programme Leads have arisen within our Defence Business in Bristol.
The roles are in our Services Value Stream teams and in our Future Programmes team supporting the execution of the Tempest technical demonstration contract and the E-Fan X hybrid electric flight demonstrator programme.
As a Programme Lead in our Future Programmes team you could be supporting the Programme Manager with the co-ordination of Engineering projects, working closely with Engineering and other key business stakeholders to support the delivery of key programme milestones thus enabling the delivery of our Defence Combat strategy.
As Programme Lead within our Services Value Stream team you will be responsible for managing a wide range of material supply related activities, from supplier improvement project planning and risk management through to product introduction project management. You will be responsible for managing budgets related to your programmes of work and leading integrated teams to deliver the projects you are responsible for.
The Programme Lead role is the ideal opportunity for an individual looking to kick start or progress their Project Management capability within an environment that operates under the APM Model.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We're the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.Key Accountabilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ensure you have the necessary authority, accountability (including budget control), and responsibility for delivering an agreed group of Control Accounts and ensuring that they meet schedule, specification and business case requirements dependent on the stage of the programme.
- Plan and execute the Control Account work. Establish a specification for the work and agree resources (both human and physical) necessary to meet the Control Account requirements with the Resource Managers.
- Develop the plan for the Control Accounts including risk mitigation and instruct release of budget to authorise the starting and stopping of all works. Agree and initiate the necessary changes, including re-allocation of resources within the owned Control Accounts with agreement from the Resource Manager.
- Implement project management best practice for delivery of all work and review progress against plans to identify when corrective action is required.
- Act as the focal point for all aspects related to the Control Accounts and provide the Programme/Project Manager with information necessary to manage effectively.
- Support the Programme Manager in the creation, development and establishment of the business plan necessary to deliver the programme and maintain the work breakdown structure.
- Networking across business groups and developing key relationships is critical to this role and therefore you will have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to easily build rapport within all levels of the organisation.
- You will have a good level of knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office tools.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
an enduring legacy. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation. Beyond tomorrow.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.Closing Date:
23 August 2019Job Category
Project Management Posting Date
09 Aug 2019; 00:08