Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It's an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
What's it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.Our Values
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.Overall Purpose:
To efficiently and effectively manage your area/department ensuring that your targets and objectives are continually achieved and that Company procedures as detailed in the Company Handbook and other Codes of Practice and Policy Documents are maintained at all times.Principal Accountabilities:
To motivate and manage personnel under your charge by providing leadership and generating team spirit, maintaining discipline, monitoring performance and providing the staff that you are responsible for and to whom you are responsible, with accurate feedback on your department's performance.
- Maintain discipline, including managing levels of absenteeism, amongst the team at all times in accordance with the procedures laid down in the Company Policies.
- Understand and interpret specifications to ensure that the forward planning of production is achieved in the most cost-effective manner possible and optimising efficiencies.
- Monitor the performance of your team to ensure that targets and objectives are met in full. This will include taking action to improve underachievers to improving their performance by taking the appropriate action.
- Ensure that quality and hygiene standards, as set by the Quality/Technical Department, are properly communicated, understood and achieved at all times. Be able to demonstrate proper co-operation with all Departments. Manage the consistent implementation of the Quality and HACCP Plans.
- Carry out routine inspections of your department and recommend improvements that need to be made.
- Ensure that you have a complete and thorough knowledge of the budget within your department and report any variance against these standards, on a weekly basis to your senior manager, coupled with an explanation of action taken to eliminate adverse variances.
- Identify training needs within your department on a periodic basis and ensure that a training plan, including agreed time scales for implementation is maintained on a regular basis.
- In conjunction with other managers associated with the processes in your department conduct a formal period review of your department's performance against standard, personnel issues including labour turnover, absenteeism, training, morale, and general staff welfare.
- In conjunction with other managers associated with the processes in your department conduct a formal period review to prepare a forward plan for your department describing the way in which you will help to meet future objectives of the Company.
- Ensure that any documented non-conformances relating to product safety, quality and legality are investigated and corrective action put in place as appropriate and within any defined time scale.
- Previous experience in a similar role with Management / Supervisory experience.
- Excellent IT skills particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as interaction at all levels of the business will be required.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must in this fast moving and challenging environment.
- A confident, forward thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.