Wealthify is an ambitious, multi-award-winning online investment company located in Penarth, Wales. We're here to inspire anyone to build their future wealth, and we do this by making investing easy, affordable, and accessible.
We want to inspire as many people to invest as possible. We're rapidly growing, and so we're hiring talented people who are purpose driven and want to use and develop their skills to deliver an awesome experience to our customers.
Our team is engaging, inquisitive, and inclusive, reflecting many different beliefs and backgrounds. We welcome people who can bring diversity to our team, and work towards a shared goal to deliver an exceptional investment experience.
What your job will be:
Product Owner is a newly created key to delivering our human centred approach to product development, working directly with the Chief Product Officer in the Product Team. We believe there is an opportunity to build products that re-frame peoples' relationship with their money - building more positive interaction and behaviours - to achieve that, this role is responsible for:
- Researching and analysing the current market to identify value opportunities to support Wealthify's growth through product development
- Working with Human Centred Design Teams to identify Customer problems and needs and developing solutions to fill those gaps
- Validating potential solutions through prototyping and customer testing
- Working with our in-house product development squads to scope work, define a backlog of user stories and support delivery of solutions
- Work with our data and finance teams to understand how products and features are performing and can be improved
You'll be working collaboratively with Design, Research and Customer Experience specialists to deliver specific projects within an agile product development environment. You will also collaborate with our in-house Development team, helping to bridge the gap between initial concept design, product development and delivery.
As part of a small but growing team, the desire to aim high and deliver the best for our Users is essential, working hard and having fun along the way.
Skills we're looking for:
We value simplicity, communication, teamwork, trust, and confidence. These core values are what make us tick and keep us all on the same page - not just with how we work individually, but how we engage with each other and the service we offer. To do that effectively in this role you'll need:
- Experience and success working in a similar role where you've been immersed in all areas of product development.
- An eye for detail, about how things work, and how people react to products and services
- Experience working in squads in an Agile/Scrum product development environment managing user stories from creation into delivery.
- A genuine passion for creating industry-leading, user-centred, digital products.
- Experience working with market research, identifying opportunities through interviews and desk-based research.
- Experience working within a start-up would also be ideal
What else we're looking for:
Happy to get involved and run workshops with varied teams to solve problems by mapping customer journeys, identify customer decision points or optimise operational processes
A logical approach to needs analysis, decision making and prioritisation using lean principles or product development frameworks such as Jobs to be Done, Experience Principles etc
Comfortable developing and presenting product strategies based on customer research, market environment and trends.
A portfolio of work, showcasing products or features you have developed and delivered to market.
A true passion for representing the customer and delivering to growth objectives
Knowledge of the retail investment market is a plus
An ability to analyse and understand data to identify opportunities for improvement
Experience using A/B or multi-variant testing and usability tools e.g. Google Optimise, Firebase, Decibel Insight/Hotjar/Crazy Egg.
What you'll get from us
- £30,000 - £35,000
- 24 days holiday a year and an extra day holiday for each full year with us (up to 28 days)
- Half day off on your birthday
- Flexible working in line with business needs
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working from home, and all interviews will be carried out remotely. Our offices have recently been refurbished to allow for collaborative working once we can return, although there is scope for remote working where the role and team deliveries allow.
And we have plenty of perks too!
- Annual bonus between 0-20% of your annual salary which is linked to both the company and individual performance.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in ServiceCover (X3 your annual salary)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Healthify - a team to support the health and wellbeing of all staff at Wealthify
- Ministry of Fun - providing plenty of social activities and events throughout the year
- Brand new offices in the picturesque Penarth Marina
- Free office gym
- Free parking nearby
- A collaboration space and games room
- We're a responsible company and are constantly working to improve our culture, ethics, impact on the environment, and our contribution to charitable causes