FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe (Services) Limited
Your Future Team
Our AIG Investments AI team develops products that help the Investments arm of AIG manage over $300 billion. We achieve this by:
- Attracting top talent through an inclusive culture of freedom and responsibility;
- Pushing the boundaries of what's possible in advanced machine learning methods and technologies to improve investment decision-making, performance, and risk management;
- Pursuing an AI-First Product strategy: we believe that the best way to create value from AI is through building products designed around users' needs, where through user interaction these products become increasingly better at proactively informing and assisting users.
Your Contribution at AIG
As an AI-first product-led team, our Product Managers are crucial to Investments AI's ultimate success. And now we're looking for a Product Manager to join us in our London or New York office to help shape and optimize the products we're working on. You'll work collaboratively with teams of scientists, engineers, designers, analysts and business partners to constantly align product vision, as well as innovate and execute product initiatives across the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision, supported by internal and external analysis - including, but not limited to, defining and analysis of success metrics
- Define product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners / clients
- Work closely with teams of engineers, scientists and designers to develop products and deliver them to market
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
You'll need to have advanced analytical skills, including the ability to frame issues, identify important points and draw conclusions, combined with strong communication skills and intellectual curiosity. We have a culture that is focused on making products for our users at a fast pace, so you should be comfortable in this kind of environment - it's a multifaceted role where priorities can change rapidly. A passion for equity investing, as well as demonstrating deep knowledge of the market, is a must.
To give you a better idea of what we believe makes a great AI-first Product Manager, our Chief Scientist, Reza Khorshidi wrote a LinkedIn post about it. Please read the post:
What we are looking for
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- A strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate or professional qualification (e.g. Master's degree or CFA), or progress towards one;
- Strong knowledge of and direct experience with legal tech, ideally applied to capital markets such as Residential Mortgage Backed Securities, Asset Backed Securities, Collaterised Debt Obligations, and Collaterised Loan Obligations.
- Solid understanding and direct practical experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning technologies, with the ability to translate technical and scientific concepts, methods, and processes to non-technical audiences
- Extensive relevant professional experience, ideally including experience working in a similar or related function
- Experience of projects that involved AI solutions and platforms; large training data sets; large historical data-sets; and sourcing, evaluating, and data requirements.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of software development processes and methods, (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, QA, continuous delivery and integration).
- Experience of managing a roadmap of deliverables and optimising for multiple criteria and targets (budgets, user goals, business goals, regulatory requirements, technical goals), and having an ability to pivot when required.
- Experience as a PM or being a senior member in legal or capital markets divisions
- Experience working with legal teams using natural language technology, ideally within the context of global financial markets
- Direct exposure to the full life-cycle of a product (from conception to launch to long-term use, either internally or to market.
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as creative problem-solving skills, and a solutions-oriented mind-set. Experience of presenting to C-level stakeholders.
Good to have:
- Personal technical experience with current AI technologies.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.