With endless opportunities to gain experience and exposure to a variety of products
, no day will be the same within this role, therefore you will be determined to succeed and develop your skills to drive a rewarding career.
Our Product Managers are responsible for the development, maintenance and commercial performance of the L&G Protection products across multiple distribution channels.
You will become the product expert and the go-to-person
for internal and external stakeholders. You will use data and insight to understand our customers
and identify where we can build and improve products and processes. You will build relationships across all channels and lead on projects from idea to delivery
. You will ensure our products continue to meet customer needs, are sold to the right target market and align to business strategy.Additional Duties:
- Provide analysis to support the production of the business case for change.
- Contribute to the delivery of the product to market and ensure that all developments are carried out, making sure that the needs of the customers are understood
- Regularly monitor the business volumes of all sales channels, product lines and the market, including reporting on management KPIs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitor activity , highlighting trends and making predictions, which can then used where necessary to highlight possible issues or opportunities
- Be responsible for updating external sources of information regarding Legal & General insurance products so that our products are always correctly, and, where possible, positively represented
- Review correspondence copy, contact centre scripts, sales collateral processes and procedures to ensure adequate customer services are operationally in place, making recommendations where action is necessary to address any relevant feedback
- Provide initial technical approval for new marketing literature and web content so that quality submissions are made to the approval process
- Support the promotion of insurance products with technical and market information
- Provide product technical support and market insight to the business, including acting as a consultant on projects, participating in workshops and contributing to project teams as required
- Develop and maintain personal technical and regulatory knowledge to ensure there is capability to support the manufacturing and maintenance of products
- Ensure product risks are identified, recorded and raised on the primary risk management system, ensuring all risks are monitored and actioned.
- Experience of working in a product development or proposition role (essential)
- Protection product knowledge is desirable
- Regulatory awareness
- Demonstrable ability to work towards and achieve targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs' For this role, you would be based in Cardiff or Hove, but you could work in other Legal and General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
For further information about the role, please contact Rachel Chima, Resourcing Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note I can't accept direct applications for this role.