Business and Technology Solutions (BTS) provides the IT and Change services for the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As part of the technology organisation at the FCA, we run digital products throughout the organisation. We are passionate about delivering value in a fun collaborative manner and being an influencer at the heart of the global RegTech and FinTech revolutions driving the digital economy. We are in the early stages of our Agile journey and are adapting our ways of working to ensure we can maximise efficiency and serve our customers.
Data & Analytics Product Group (DAPG)
As the size, complexity and the rate of change of our regulatory landscape increases, the FCA is committed through its Data Strategy to harness the power of data and advanced analytics to support our Mission. DAPG's products are a key component of the Data Strategy, enabling the FCA to reduce harm now and in the future by supporting the collection, storage, reporting, analytics and publishing of data. DAPG's products provide access to data across all regulatory divisions and lines of business and are used by regulated firms, the Bank of England and most FCA colleagues.
The Product Analyst sits within Product Groups and is responsible for the design and development of IT systems, collaborating with Business Architects and business SMEs to interpret business requirements into system requirementsWhat does the role involve / What are the key responsibilities?
Key aspects of the work will include:
- Interpret a products' solution design and business requirements to deliver robust and traceable technical / system requirements, in line with design standards.
- Producing detailed technical/system functional and non-functional requirements that are aligned to practice standards, including integration and platform alignment to meet agreed acceptance / definition of ready criteria.
What will the candidate get from the role?
- Review and quality assure artefacts (code and/or configuration changes) created by external suppliers and internal teams ensuring the quality of the delivered solution to fulfil business and non-functional requirements and adhere to technical designs.
- Mapping requirements and designs into releases
- Providing traceability of technical requirements and functional specifications by designing and delivering test phases to ensure successful outcomes
- Contributing to the relevant communities of practice, providing coaching of other employees to build the overall business, technical and product analysis capability within BTS
- We work in small cross functional, self-organising and autonomous teams, passionate about delivering value and having fun.
- We like to work smart, not long hours.
- We enjoy having a sense of purpose in our job, knowing that we're serving those in need.
- We don't do micro-managing; we hire people because we believe they are brilliant in getting the job done.
- We love diversity.
- We admire and look out for servant leaders who have exceptional critical soft skills.
- We believe in innovation, not prescription
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.Minimum:
- Substantial experience working as a systems or product analyst
- Substantial experience in producing technical designs based on a solution design to affect changes to business systems, following agile methods
- Experience of working within major corporate or government IT environments working with 3rd party or offshore suppliers to ensure the delivery of high quality builds
- Relevant product Strategy/ Roadmap / Systems delivery experience and knowledge of a product or range of technology products and trends
- An up-to-date understanding of best practice in technical design and build
- Substantial experience of technical and functional design of relevant products
- Understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and mapping approaches
- Ability to interpret and apply business design and functional requirements
- Substantial experience with formal development methodologies (e.g. Prince2, RUP, Scrum, Agile)
About the FCA
- A good understanding of designing n-tier applications, Cloud, microservices
- Knowledge of industry standards in providing IT products as services
- Experience of coaching others to high performance / increased knowledge
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly grasp, the business drivers of the FCA as well as its primary processes
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The landscape of financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which the FCA regulates. Business and Technology Solutions (BTS) enables the FCA to deliver, through the implementation and management of cutting-edge, industry leading technology and digital solutions, used by tens of thousands of firms and millions of consumers across the financial services sector in their interactions with the FCA.
BTS is ambitious, with an established and forward-thinking digital strategy, focused on exploiting cloud technologies, and an operating model recognised as more pioneering than many in the private sector. BTS is actively focused on the professional development of colleagues throughout their careers with us. As a division, BTS is committed to establishing a culture of inclusion that enables diversity to underpin our ways of working.The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.Useful Information
This role is Graded TSD Senior Associate
Salary - £45,000 - £70,000 + Benefits package
For more information, please contact Daniel Dowling - [email protected]
Please note - CVS sent outside of the portal will not be accepted