As part of the technology organisation at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), we run digital products throughout the organisation. We are passionate about delivering value in a collaborative manner and being an influencer at the heart of the global RegTech and FinTech revolutions driving the digital economy. As part of our Agile journey, we have formed Product Groups that combine our Delivery and Service functions.
We currently need a Product Analyst within our Case and Regulatory Risk Management (CRRM) product group within the Business and Technology Solutions division. CRRM product group helps the FCA to manage firm relationships, data decisions and the risks associated with them.
The Product Analyst is part of the Product Groups and is responsible for the design and development of IT systems, collaborating with Business Architects and business SMEs to interpret business requirements into system requirements. Work closely with Product Owners, engineering teams and SMEs in shaping and enhancing the Products and Services.What does the role involve / What are the key responsibilities?
Key aspects of the work will include:
- Interpretation of a products' solution design and business requirements to deliver robust and traceable technical / system requirements, in line with design standards.
- Producing detailed technical/system functional and non-functional requirements that are aligned to practice standards, including integration and platform alignment to meet agreed acceptance / definition of ready criteria.
- Review and quality assure artefacts (code and/or configuration changes) created by external suppliers and internal teams ensuring the quality of the delivered solution to fulfil business and non-functional requirements and adhere to technical designs.
- Mapping requirements and designs into releases.
- Providing traceability of technical requirements and functional/non-functional specifications by designing and delivering test phases to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to clarify and deliver quality product and services that deliver value to our users.
- Contributing to the relevant communities of practice, providing coaching of other employees to build the overall business, technical and product analysis capability within the group.
What will the candidate get from the role?
- Collaborating with Business and Engineering teams on a day to day basis to develop and enhance products.
- Work closely with Technical Architects and Product Owners to design robust solutions to complex problems.
- Documentation of artefacts to facilitate the delivery of products and services.
- Design test cases and conduct User Acceptance testing to obtain formal signoffs.
- An opportunity to be the conduit between business and IT teams.
- A chance to work in small cross functional, self-organising and autonomous teams passionate about delivering value continuously.
- Opportunity to be part of teams that work smart, learn from mistakes and not afraid of failing fast.
- We enjoy having a sense of purpose in our job, knowing that we're serving those in need.
- We don't do micro-managing, we hire people because we believe they are brilliant in getting the job done.
- We love, embrace and welcome diversity.
- We admire and look out for servant leaders who have exceptional critical soft skills.
- We believe in innovation, not prescription.
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.Minimum:
- Substantial experience in working as a Systems/Product or Business Analyst
- Substantial experience in eliciting requirements, documentation, stakeholder management, collaboration, Process mapping, User personas, Continuous Delivery.
- Hands on experience in working closely with Product Owner on Backlog management, refinement, estimation with attention to details.
- Experience of working in cross functional, multi dependency environments in Agile methodology.
- Experience of working within major corporate or government IT environments working with 3rd party or offshore suppliers to ensure the delivery of high-quality builds.
- Certification in Salesforce, Business Analysis and/or Product Management
- Salesforce hands on technical experience
- Relevant product Strategy/ Roadmap / Systems delivery experience and knowledge of a product or range of technology products and trends
- Understanding of Industry's best practice in technical design and build
- Substantial experience of technical and functional design of relevant products
- Understanding system design, development methodologies and ability to map processes and data flow across systems
- Ability to interpret and apply business design and functional requirements
- Substantial experience with formal development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
About the FCA
- Requirements Management and Solutions Design
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly grasp, the business drivers of the FCA as well as its primary processes
- A good understanding of designing n-tier applications, Cloud, microservices
- Knowledge of industry standards in providing IT products as services
- Data driven decision making
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The landscape of financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which the FCA regulates. Business and Technology Solutions (BTS) enables the FCA to deliver, through the implementation and management of cutting-edge, industry leading technology and digital solutions, used by tens of thousands of firms and millions of consumers across the financial services sector in their interactions with the FCA.
BTS is ambitious, with an established and forward-thinking digital strategy, focused on exploiting cloud technologies, and an operating model recognised as more pioneering than many in the private sector. BTS is actively focused on the professional development of colleagues throughout their careers with us. As a division, BTS is committed to establishing a culture of inclusion that enables diversity to underpin our ways of working.The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.Useful Information
This role is graded TS D - Senior Associate
Salary - £55,000 - £75,000 + Benefits package
For more information on the role or process, please contact [email protected]
Please note - CVS sent outside of the portal will not be accepted