As a Procurement Manager at HS2 you will be responsible for managing the procurement of all goods and services required to support the delivery of HS2 Ltd's remit, along with co-ordinating procurement resources engaged in response to programme needs. You will be responsible for implementing procurement procedures in keeping with HS2's procurement policy and you will advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments.
About the role:
- Implements procurement procedures in keeping with HS2 Ltd's procurement policy and ensures adherence by business units;
- Advises HS2 Ltd on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes;
- Supports development of appropriate procurement strategies that support value for money objectives;
- Develops and maintains a plan of all procurement activity to meet business needs and advises on resource needs and options;
- Co-ordinates production of invitation to tender documents, instructions, evaluation plans and reports;
- Ensures that business managers have obtained procurement authorities in accordance with HS2 Ltd's delegated authorities;
- Acts as the principal conduit for formal communication with external companies during the procurement process;
- Ensures a robust audit trail is put in place for all procurements;
- Ensures continuous improvement in the procurement processes and procedures;
- Facilitates development of HS2 Ltd's relationship with existing and potential suppliers as well as with central government and other rail industry procurement bodies.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies, including central government departments;
- Skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation;
- Experience of procurement in planning stage of UK publically funded infrastructure projects;
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies and ability to assess relevancy and defend applicability;
- Background in procuring services through different routes depending on value including use of OJEU processes and government frameworks;
- Knowledge of different forms of contract and risk allocation;
- Good appreciation of supply market for technical services;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or actively working towards);
- Understanding and experience of cultivating strong relationships with existing and potential suppliers to HS2 Ltd.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
About Us: High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.