Buyer - Statement of Work and Professional Services Category
Holborn with home working An overview of the role
This is a new role in the organisation following a restructure and implementation of a new global procurement initiative for Statement of Work (SOW) Sub-contracting services. The role will support the Category Manager and focus on the procurement of all Professional Services and SOW Sub-contracting services in addition to playing a key role in complex bids. The role will work closely with a number of key stakeholders including HR, delivery and bid teams to ensure that the correct processes are followed with the aim of delivering the best possible outcomes balancing quality and cost.
The category manages circa £100M in spend across a large supplier base. This is a complex and fast paced role, that will be incredibly rewarding for the right person!The team
Working in the global procurement team with a focus on the UK Capgemini business, this exciting role sits across all business units across the UK, reporting into the Category Manager. The team manage the vast majority of non-IT spend across the UK supporting UK management but report globally in structure. This role will be working extensively across the business, supporting client bids and complex commercial negotiations between several parties at a time. Procurement operate at a high profile level in the business and the main stakeholders will be Delivery Leads, Hiring Managers, Directors and above.
- Take responsibility and lead on subcategories within the Services Acquisition Category, reporting directly into the Category Manager .
- Support in the strategic management of high value procurement from RFx utilisation to negotiation and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) through to continuous improvement and optimisation.
- Work with the Category Manager to manage SOW subcontracting requirements using Fieldglass by understanding demand, skillset requirements and industry changes to advise the business on the best outcome.
- Support the implementation of SOW subcontracting management across Europe and globally, as required
- Support complex bids where multiple elements are being sub-contracted to different providers to support the business and drive value.
- Ensure clear and fit for purpose supply chains, through section and rationalisation.
- Support the Category Manager in building and operationalising a clear strategy for the Category, including roadmap for continuous improvement and value creation including automation and standardisation
- Ensure the business understand the value you and the Procurement function deliver and be the first point of contact for all queries.
- Experience in Professional Services or External Resourcing/SOW Procurement. Working with Consultancy or Sub-contracting spend is preferred.
- Stakeholder management and strong interpersonal skills including negotiation as you will be leading conversations with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- Drive, ambition and an independent attitude, to fit in with the flexible nature of the role and the working environment, with a view to further your career within Procurement and Capgemini.
- Enthusiasm to work in Procurement, preferably SOW or Professional Services Procurement.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.Diversity
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture
that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.About Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their
business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.