Would you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs' nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is recruiting a Senior Probabilistic Safety Analysis (PSA) Engineer
to join our growing New Nuclear and Generation Services business at one of our offices in Knutsford or Newcastle.
Within our team you will form a key part of our community, supporting a wide range of exciting consultancy projects for a variety of customers across the nuclear industry, primarily in the areas of generating reactors and new build, with possibilities to support decommissioning, defence and fusion reactor work. Mentoring and training will be provided to support your development of technical and professional skills throughout your career at Jacobs. Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining PSA models in line with international best practice and regulatory expectations
- Understand safety principles and their role and application to modern standards safety case preparation
Performing PSA studies to support customer safety cases
- Liaising with customers in your discipline to analyse problems and develop technical solutions
- Developing relationships with clients in order to identify and secure future business
- Supporting the development of contract proposals and tenders
- Checking the work of other team members
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- Delivering work to agreed budgets and timescales to ensure customer satisfaction
- Continuing to develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline
- Knowledge and experience of the application of Probabilistic Safety Analysis - including analysis of reliability data, Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis and associated software - in the civil nuclear, defence or high consequence sectors
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior analysts as part of a defined project would be desirable, including planning, monitoring, financial and commercial aspects
- Demonstrable communication skills with clients both internally and externally
- Ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner
- The ability to lead discussions with customers to understand their requirements, analyse problems, develop solutions and present results
- Capable of working autonomously and acting as a Responsible Engineer, taking a lead role on projects and supporting the ongoing engagement with clients
- The ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects, prioritising as appropriate