Promontory, an IBM company, is a premier strategic, compliance and risk consulting firm for companies across the globe. We are proud to be the home of professionals from top law firms, leaders of regulators and global organisations and specialists across the industry who work alongside leading organisations assisting with their most pressing, sensitive and complex assignments.
We have one purpose; to be a Trusted Partner. Through our values of Superior Expertise, Innovative Solutions and Collaborative Community we seek to provide our clients with solutions to their wide variety of complex problems. Across the business our consultants have a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise and we are looking to add further experience to our Privacy team.
Our Privacy Practice offers both consultancy (Advisory) around privacy regulations, governance and strategy; and Managed Privacy Services (MPS), expanding the service offering and responding to market demand. MPS are co-designed, tested and operationalized with our clients and add additional service offerings for the Promontory Privacy Practice.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within your role as Principal in the Privacy Practice you will:
- Work within a team of senior industry figures and experience professionals including former official, regulators and privacy professionals and interact regularly with C-suite client representatives.
- Remain abreast of the development of the role that Privacy plays in an increasingly complex digital world.
- Lead teams, and act as a main point of contact, working on client engagements addressing compliance and risk management challenges relating to Privacy including data protection, digital ethics and information risk.
- Provide advice to organisations around governance, regulatory requirements and strategic decisions.
- Manage compliance and risk assessments including privacy impact assessments and the review, classification and mapping of client data processing and data flows.
- Prepare client reports and other engagement deliverables and lead meetings and presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
- Play a hands-on role in business development for both Advisory and MPS work, such as drafting proposals, representing Promontory at industry events and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
- Lead the design, development and launch of the MPS services to our clients and directly oversees the delivery of MPS services as required.
- Oversee the development of a written knowledge management system to enable measurable, predictable and repeatable delivery of MPS services.
- Be expected to sometimes travel for up to 75% of your week, other weeks there will be no travel at all depending on the demands of the client.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A law-based degree and a deep subject matter expertise in privacy and data protection.
- Strong commercial background in privacy, data protection and information risk.
- Demonstratable expertise in compliance, risk management, corporate governance / legal / regulatory issues.
- Proven experience in building and managing project teams to successfully address and resolve complex issues in high pressure situations.
- Track record working in an unstructured, Agile environment where you are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenges.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Postgraduate education ideally with a specialisation in privacy or data protection.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Career-centric experience relating to privacy, data protection, cyber / information security and information risk matters.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.