Description Principle Engineer - Public Realm / Local Highway Design We are recruiting for a Principal Engineer to be part of the Local Highway Design team to be based in Croydon. About Arcadis:
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. About The Team:
It is an exciting time for our Local Highway Design team within the Transportation business. We have successfully developed a healthy forward programme of work and the team is continuing to grow to deliver for our clients and also position the team for future expansion.
Operating within the urban environment we deliver a wide range of projects that make a difference in how people use space and move around. This includes public realm improvements, sustainable transport schemes, corridor improvements, large junction upgrades and much more. We work with Local Authorities, Transport for London, developers and Civil Engineering Contractors and have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects within our sector.
We have a great opportunity for you to be part of this young and diverse team that is helping to shape the places in which we live and how we interact with those places. Job Opportunity:
Our team has the capability to deliver projects from concept to construction, including managing and supervising works on site. Some of our current projects include:
\tReporting to the Team Leader in Croydon you will be responsible for:
- Oxford Street District transformation \t
- Silvertown Tunnel \t
- A320 Corridor improvements \t
- Camden West End Project and Green Spaces \t
- Plumstead Station Public Realm Improvement Project \t
- Management and technical leadership of multi-disciplinary urban highway, transport and public realm schemes, including the delivery of technical drawings in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice. This is to cover the full suite of drawings at each stage of design from concept through to detailed design \t
- Leading collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design \t
- Ensuring that projects are completed to client specifications, to budgets and deadlines \t
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships as part of project delivery \t
- Providing leadership and act as a mentor to junior members of staff \t
- Leading the preparation of bids for new commissions
\t Why Arcadis?
- Appropriate previous experience of working in design and implementation of urban highway, transport and public realm schemes \t
- Development of scheme designs from concept through detailed design to construction design \t
- Demonstrable knowledge of current design standards, contracts, relevant design software and CDM and H&S regulations \t
- Project and people management skills with a hands-on attitude to technical project work \t
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with clients and key stakeholders
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- BTEC or higher in Engineering