Description Principal / Senior Traction Power Design Engineer - London
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. The Opportunity:
We are now looking to recruit high calibre Traction Power Principal/Senior Design Engineers who have a proven track record in the control on the Engineering managements process and delivery of very high-quality traction power Design documents on multi-disciplinary Rail schemes.
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector is one of our core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-year history. We pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.
Our Arcadis Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The new schemes are diverse and technically complicated and include London Bridge Station Regeneration, Crossrail I and Crossrail Il, Bank Station Regeneration and Manchester Victoria.
We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's most prestigious and challenging schemes and we are currently working on behalf of Network Rail, Rail Operating Companies and Contractors throughout the UK on Grip 2 to 8 stages of major infrastructure projects, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client's needs. Essential Requirements:
\t Duties & Responsibilities:
- Previously worked on relevant Major Projects \t
- UK Rail E&P CRE with in depth Design management experience on rail projects \t
- Proven ability in delivering high quality designs on time and to budgetary constraints \t
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build professional and long-standing relationships with Clients and other Stakeholders
You will provide Design management and control for the assigned project(s) ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging rail schemes.
You will be responsible for the delivery of all tasking's under the project to meet time, quality and budgetary targets, managing aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations, providing technical advice and leading by example where appropriate and to promote both the regional and global culture of the business.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment. Key Competencies / Values:
\t Why Arcadis?
- Client focus - differentiating through tailored skills and depth of client understanding \t
- Excellence - striving for excellence, recognising that excellence is defined by our clients \t
- Traction power AC or DC design capabilities and able to take CRE role \t
- Fully competent with NR standards. \t
- Good exposure on EMC, Harmonics and HV earthing system \t
- Trust - building and retaining relationships of trust with our clients, colleagues and business partners \t
- Teamwork - working together as a team for the Group, not just the individual \t
- Responsibility - taking responsibility for our performance and our safety \t
- People - we create the environment for people to realise their potential
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- Electrical Power Engineering Degree \t
- Ideally Chartered membership of appropriate professional institution \t
- Project Management qualifications would be an advantage \t
- Competencies of HV Traction Power and Distribution AC & DC Systems