We're part of Europe's leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our SRE Team
Software development is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us ahead of competition across: online content, customer service and sales.
As a valued employee, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What's more, you'll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that's not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
• Driving technical excellence in everything we do and fostering a culture around data driven reliability, monitoring and automation following SRE principles
• Contribute to and lead new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems spanning multiple territories and regions
• Mentoring engineers both SRE and developers to help them design the right solutions and promote a culture of reliability and automation
• Enhancing and supporting a build framework for continuous deployment and platform automation
• Working alongside development teams to develop and design scalable and high available services and establish effective ways of working
• Develop and maintain relationships with key technical suppliers and partners and internal teams
• Work within the larger reliability department to ensure consistent design and reliability standards across the group
• Work with key stakeholders from the business to ensures timelines and roadmaps for business objectives are both reasonable and met on time, including clearly communicating technical challenges and progress.
• Proven experience of infrastructure planning and working with development teams to enable high availability of services in-line with SLOs and error budgets
• Evangelist for infrastructure as code and working with immutable infrastructure and configuration tools such as Terraform and Ansible to achieve end-to-end automation.
• Experience working with CI\/CD solutions and gitops to enable automation of infrastructure at scale (pipeline design, testing and best practices using Jenkins\/Concourse\/GoCD\/Gitlab)
• Programming and scripting to a production level including testing (Go\/Python and Bash)
• Cloud Platforms (designing infrastructure deployment patterns within AWS\/GCP and using managed services, such as big data tooling effectively)
• Containerisation (docker\/containerd)
• Container Orchestration and mesh networking (e.g. Kubernetes and Istio)
• Databases (In particular must be an expert in at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, or Couchbase)
• Monitoring (Design and implementation of Monitoring Solutions\/Metric Driven alerting, etc)
• Logging systems (deployment of and scaling of logging solutions, both cloud native and self-hosted e.g. Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, ELK\/Splunk)
• Linux System administration
• Networking (in-depth knowledge of routing and protocols, including network design best practices including security)
• Content Delivery Networks and Global Traffic Management\/Load balancing (e.g. Akamai, Cloudflare, etc)
We would expect Expert level understanding on 3 or more technologies set from the list for a Principal Engineer
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today. We're happy to talk flexible working. It's our people that make us Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.