The role of the Principal Service Manager is to manage the contractual relationship with the BBC's outsourcing providers of application and infrastructure management service for SAP environments, from a technical and technology delivery perspective. The focus is on ensuring that suppliers meet the BBC's operational requirements, Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and deliver business critical outcomes. The role also provides effective cost management within the contractual relationship with service providers whilst assessing potential technical and solution related synergies across the contract portfolio.
Are you the right candidate?
- Highly experienced Technical / Operational Manager with a strong background in the management of the delivery of technology services for SAP environments via a major outsourced services contract
- Strong background in the delivery of operational services using the ITIL Framework for SAP environments.
- Demonstrable understanding of the design and operation of financial systems including Finance, Procurement, HR and BW SAP solutions.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills particularly with respect to the introduction of new services, ensuring that these are introduced and delivered with minimal disruption to operational services
- Strong technical expertise with a demonstrable track record of individual technical achievement and successful delivery in customer facing services especially within complex technology environments where the services are highly critical to business continuity
- Proven track record in striving for operational excellence and in particular driving suppliers in achieving very high levels of performance consistently
- Strong understanding of the design and operation of financial systems including the BBC SAP solutions portfolio
- Confidence to convey messages, often complex and technical in nature, in a way that is understood widely and clearly; the ability to use a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Able to interpret financial data, manage budgets and ensures effective financial control across the team and associated contractual arrangements with support partners
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing application and service delivery teams and associated integrated systems
- Service Transition experience in relation to organisational and IT operational change
Package Description For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiolApplications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
The BBC recognises that flexible working can benefit both the employee and the BBC as it can create a range of employment opportunities to suit both changing operational needs and the needs of individuals. We will, therefore, consider flexible working requests for this vacancy. Please include detail of the proposed arrangement in your application.
Our culture embraces people's diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs. At the BBC we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You'll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.