At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Principal Safety Case Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
This is an exciting time for our company, with an increasing, large and varied portfolio of work.
Working within our team, you will form a key part of our dynamic safety services community supporting a wide range of projects and clients across the nuclear industry, including Defence, generating reactors, new build, decommissioning and fusion. Your primary focus will be decommissioning sites but you will be joining a team which provides support across the industry.
Key responsibilities for this role will be the ability to lead teams in delivering safety cases across a diverse range of customers and regulated environments, including working in multidisciplinary teams leading the safety case and related aspects.
As an experienced member of the team, you will be given the opportunity to help develop the business and the individuals within our business. As part of our Technical Safety community you will have access to training and mentoring that will allow you to continue developing your career in the Nuclear Industry, with unparalleled access to a wide range of projects. At Jacobs we believe that investment in our people is a key element of our successful growth.
- Experience of working within the regulated environment of the nuclear industry. Be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of different regulators.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of safety cases across a varied customer base, including defence and Civil Nuclear industry.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Track record and demonstrable ability to manage teams producing Safety Cases to time quality, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other teams and/or organisations to create new opportunities.
- Be based in our in Birchwood offices (other locations may be considered).
- Must be flexible to travel and work at customer sites for both long and short durations
Desirable Experience Understanding or having completed work at Sellafield
- Degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering or other relevant discipline (or equivalent e.g. through experience).
- Chartered (or operate at an equivalent level).
Understanding or having worked at other decommissioning sites.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values. To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.