We currently have the opportunity for a talented PrincipalEngineer and CRE - Station and Depot Structures to join the Rail team based inYork. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful teamthat is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a richdiet of interesting and challenging rail projects and an opportunity to developtheir careers with a successful global engineering consultancy. About Arcadis:
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important.Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about humanstories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to makingcities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it mattersmost - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed tobringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value differentperspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future.People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and theworld around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we canonly achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise acrossdesign, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's howwe'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'lldeliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
The railway sector isone of our core markets, a position it has held throughout our history. Wepride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for railinfrastructure design and construction schemes. About The Team:
The Rail North East business based in York and coveringNetwork Rail's Eastern Region including Anglia is growing off the back ofrecent wins. We're delivering a multitude of projects for clients includingNetwork Rail, Nexus, Tier one Contractors and Local Authorities as well assupporting other parts of the UK business to deliver HS2, Crossrail and otherNetwork Rail Frameworks. Requirements:
Reporting to the Stations Team Leader as a PrincipalEngineer you will provide design delivery on a variety of Station, depot orgeneral railway building structure led multi-disciplinary projects within therail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain anexperience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which willenhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be a key technical team member in the York Rail Stations & Depotsdesign team, responsible for and involved the delivery of project-related tasksto meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding clientexpectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services duringinterfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towardsthe achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks withinthe industry.
You will fulfil the role of Stations/Structures CRE forNetwork Rail projects or lead Station/Structural engineer on projects for otherclients.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you toprogress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industryrecognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experienceand ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chanceof success.Essential Experience
- Youwill have a gained substantial civil / structural design experience withsignificant experience gained within the rail sector and in a consultancyenvironment.
- Significantgeotechnical design experience is also required
- Haveprevious relevant experience including supervision of elements of large,complex projects (with a focus on railway building structural engineering)
- CharteredEngineer status with ICE or IStructE
- Previouslyfulfilled the role or stations or structures CRE for Network Rail or similarlead engineer roles for other clients.
- Experiencepreparing design deliverables using structural engineering design softwarepackages
- Goodworking relationships developed with Clients
- Youwill be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
- Anaptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated withprojects delivered in a Common Data Environment
- Youwill possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
- Youwill be flexible to travel throughout the UK on occasion
- Youwill be able to demonstrate strong team building and collaboration skills
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisationskills
- Manageengineering activities that contribute to sustainable development
- GoodIT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limitedto:
- Developingskills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
- Leadingand assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Designingin 3D modelling environments such as AECOSim, Revit and Civil 3D
- FulfillingCRE / Lead Engineer roles on projects
- Preparingdesign calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other projectdocumentation as required in line with company and client requirements as wellas national standards and codes of practice
- Takinga lead role in the resolution of technical issues
- Supervisionand technical development of other engineering team members
- Attendingsite and taking a lead role in the completion of surveys in a rail environment
- Gainingexperience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
- Becomingfamiliar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfareregulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Buildingrelationships with Clients on projects
- Performingother duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manageror Arcadis
- LineManagement responsibilities
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity tobuild the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their ownmotivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's whywe'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here,and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward toa competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary,opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. Wehave a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme.Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body,employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holidayscheme.
We believe that by workingtogether diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovativeideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heartof how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people acrosssix ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to oursuccess.
- Degreein civil/structural engineering (preferably a Masters' Degree)
- Charteredor Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent