Description Principal Engineer - Civils - Rail
We currently have opportunities for talented Principal CivilEngineer
to join the Rail team based in Warrington
. This is afantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growingrapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a rich diet of interestingand challenging rail projects and an opportunity to develop their careers witha successful global engineering consultancy. About Arcadis:
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyondour projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. Fromremaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier tonavigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - andimproving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best,who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, buildsustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize theexperiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve byworking together and applying our skills and expertise across design,consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll findsolutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliverexceptional results, today and tomorrow. About TheTeam:
Our UK Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awardsand recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile,complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio ofworks on programmes including Northern and Central Programmes, HS2, Crossrailand renewals and enhancement schemes across Network Rail Routes.
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector isone of Arcadis core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-yearhistory. We have an enviable reputation for delivery of some of the UK's, andindeed the World's, most prestigious and challenging schemes.
We have been involved in all major rail programmes since the 1980s includingthe Jubilee Line Extension, West Coast Main Line, Thameslink, Crossrail, IEP,HS1, Northern Hub, HS2, and Euston Redevelopment. Requirements:
Reporting to the Team Leader or Associate Director as a PrincipalEngineer you will provide design delivery on a variety of civils ledmulti-disciplinary projects within the rail environment. As we operate in sucha diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide andvaried portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test yourtechnical knowledge.
You will be a key technical team member in the Warrington Rail Civils designteam, responsible for and involved the delivery of project-related tasks tomeet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding clientexpectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services duringinterfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towardsthe achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks withinthe industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you toprogress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industryrecognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experienceand ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chanceof success. EssentialExperience:
- Youwill have a gained substantial civil / structural design experience ideallyincluding some within the rail sector and in a consultancy environment
- Haveprevious relevant experience including supervision of elements of large,complex projects
- CharteredEngineer status with ICE or IStructE (or close to achieving)
- Experiencepreparing design deliverables using civil engineering design software packages
- Youwill be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
- Anaptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated withprojects delivered in a Common Data Environment
- Youwill possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
- Youwill be flexible to travel throughout the UK on occasion
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisationskills
- Manageengineering activities that contribute to sustainable development
- GoodIT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developingskills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
- Leadingand assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Designingin 3D modelling environments such as AECOSim, Revit and Civil 3D
- Preparingdesign calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other projectdocumentation as required in line with company and client requirements as wellas national standards and codes of practice
- Takinga lead role in the resolution of technical issues
- Supervisionand technical development of junior engineering team members
Attending site and taking a lead role in the completion of surveys in a railenvironment
- Gainingexperience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfareregulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Building relationships with Clients on projects
- Performingother duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manageror Arcadis
- Opportunityto work under mentorship to develop and undertake CRE responsibilities on Railprojects
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right foryou. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals.And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, tounderstand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you needto achieve your ambitions.
Wherever youjoin us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes anattractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being partof a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and anemployee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join yourrelevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexibleworking and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiencesdevelop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at theheart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our peopleacross six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ andRace. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Qualifications MinimumAcademic Qualifications:
- Master'sdegree in civil engineering
- Achievedor very close to achieving Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professionalstatus, or equivalent