Description Principal Infrastructure Engineer - Land Development Infrastructure- Birmingham
We are recruiting for a Principal Development Infrastructure Civil Engineer experienced in pre-planning and detailed design, working in a multi-discipline team to deliver housing, employment and commercial projects our for growing public and private sector client portfolio. If you are degree qualified in civil engineering and ideally chartered or incorporated (MICE) with a passion for digital design and looking to develop you career working on a variety of interesting projects, then we would be pleased to hear from you. We currently have vacancies based in our Birmingham office arising from our continued growth in workload.
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Requirements:
We are looking for a career minded, technically advanced and commercially aware Principal Engineer. With both design and supervision ability to join us and contribute to the development of the Birmingham team.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials: Essential Experience:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Land development infrastructure background (surface water, foul water drainage, highway and utility design)
- Experienced in preparing initial feasibility and site appraisal studies, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver successful planning applications
- Experienced in detailed infrastructure design preferably in using and managing Autodesk Civils 3D for infrastructure design and skilled in use of Microdrainage for drainage design
- Flexibility to travel occasionally throughout the UK and abroad when required
- Client facing and ability to develop contacts and relationships
- Sound experience of managing commercial aspects of design projects
- Excellent motivator with the ability to influence and manage people and situations effectively
- You will have the ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner to deliver the very best solutions to our clients
Reporting to the Director/ Associate Director, you will hold a key role within the Land Development Infrastructure team, providing expert technical advice and contract supervision leading by example through the successful delivery of infrastructure, highways and drainage projects.
You will be accountable for taking a leading role in the delivery of development related infrastructure design commissions including surface water, foul water, highways and utilities design to meet the client's requirements and adoptable standards, taking responsibility for technical output. You will lead / support the management of projects including bidding to win support, resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines and contractor D&B teams to ensure the integrity of the overall design, providing both leadership and technical advice.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting all designs (in house and external) before issue
- Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to the marketing/networking
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
- Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Qualifications Degree Qualified, ideally Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (M.I.C.E.)