JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs Ecology Team, part of the Environment, Maritime & Resilience business, is one of the UK's largest most dynamic and respected ecology teams. Our Ecologists provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base. The team works on arrange of diverse, high profile projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we are looking for the most talented and passionate individuals to be our next generation of leaders.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal Ecologist or Technical Director to be based from our Birmingham city centre office. The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Primary Responsibilities
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur fora range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress
- An honours degree in ecology or related field
- Full MIEEM
- Eligibility for CEnv
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of biodiversity legislation pertinent to the UK and Europe
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- Management experience
- High level of personal responsibility
- Adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Good IT skills
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- Full current driving licence
- Project management experience
- An ecological specialism
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs. Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected .
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all employees.