Aviva Finance Operations aims to be a trusted, innovative provider of excellent services delivered in the simplest way. The unit pricing team is a business critical function within AFO which is responsible for the daily valuation of c£150bn of investments held in c2,500 Unit Linked funds, ensuring that c15,000 unit prices are accurately calculated and distributed to policy administration systems and investment platforms to high quality and timeliness standards.
Our unit-linked life and pensions customers rely on Unit Pricing to ensure that their life and pension premiums are invested in the funds they have selected, that their unit holdings are valued accurately and that they can access their investments when they choose.
The team of 23 Unit Pricing Analysts are responsible for ensuring the funds are managed through the operational processes (including Box Management, Dealing/Cash Allocation, Income Processing, Custody controls, market data validation, Taxation and unit pricing).
Much of the end to end process involves automated validations, however, no two days are the same as external factors often create some degree of unpredictability. We will support you through your training, but ultimately you will take ownership and accountability for your own learning and development and your performance will be assessed as much on how you work as well as what you achieve.What will the role involve?
What knowledge & experience are we looking for?
- Aggregation and validation of customer transactions; generating and instructing investment trades with Aviva
- Investors and external fund managers to align investments with policyholder liabilities
- Processing and validating high volumes of external market data for use in Unit Pricing
- Processing dividend receipts and other corporate actions
- Estimating tax positions of Unit Linked funds
- Distributing fund prices to admin systems in a timely manner
- Daily performance (with evidence) of key controls
What will you get for this role?
- A higher qualification in mathematics or related subject desirable, with the ability to think logically essential
- Proficient in numeracy and problem solving together with strong analytical skills
- Able to work efficiently and effectively without compromising on accuracy
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Working at Aviva
- A salary up to £22,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.