The role of Presales Director is an exciting new opportunity in the strategic sales team, for candidates with significant experience in identifying, qualifying and driving major sales opportunities across our client base in the areas of data, software and/or identity & fraud. You will bring technical, commercial and client knowledge as well as a logical approach and deep understanding of how to create compelling events to displace an incumbent competitor.
This is a very diverse tole. Working with the account team, the Business Development Director should be to understand the customers' needs or issues, develop a view of the proposition required to address these needs, defining a client-specific opportunity plan taking account of the clients situation from a competitive positioning, enablement and timing perspective. You will be position this proposition to the customer, assisting the account teams with stakeholder management and in closing the deal.
The team operates early in the sales cycle, identifying opportunities beyond a rolling 12 month window. As such, you will work with the existing sales channels to develop sales plans, in order to identify and qualify potential opportunities. Focussing on strong competitive areas, you will operate across verticals, working with proposition, product, solutions and commercial enablement teams to develop winning sales strategies and initiatives for why clients should switch.
The Business Development Director needs to be proficient in understanding market dynamics, threats and opportunities, defining strategies considerate of Experian's products and capabilities, along with understanding and navigating the clients buying centre and stakeholder map. You will possess detailed knowledge of Experian software products and data services (or similar organisation), so you can quickly build your knowledge in role. Paired with this you will have a strong commercial drive and excellent communication skills that allow you to interact effectively with both senior technical and business contacts internally and within in a client organisation.
From a market knowledge perspective, you will be responsible for leading end to end, one or more of our strategic initiatives from our strategy plan, demonstrating thought leadership in these initiative areas and driving Experian's strategy in the market place. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Lead the design of value-based proposals for complex business solutions based on a deep understanding of the client needs and a detailed understanding of Experian capabilities
- Work with the vertical market heads and account teams to identify and qualify market opportunities and translate these into a sales plan that maximise the opportunity for success
- Understand and present all aspects of a potential solution, including software, analytics, data and consulting. Also be able to effectively explain the supporting processes such as service or delivery.
- Identify and develop strong client relationships, collaboratively building business and investment cases to support respective opportunities
- Focus on the customer issues addressed by Experian products and solutions and how the value delivered by them can be measured and proven
- Develop a strong understanding of client businesses, their business problems and the business and technical environments in which they operate.
- Generate new ideas for propositions, improvements to product and proposition collateral and standardised business documentation
- Maintain a detailed knowledge your primary subject area, seeking to develop a broader knowledge of other product areas as well
- Leading win loss analysis, collating results and other insight into market evaluation. Document and circulate across the business units for continual improvement
- Ensure a continued understanding and contribution to our innovation planning/roadmap, utilising in opportunity plans as appropriate.
- Develop and implement talent management knowledge sharing, education and support
- Significant experience in a comparable or relevant Sales roles relating to data, software and/or identity & fraud
- Specialism in Originations, Customer Management, Collections or ID & Fraud customer journeys
- Some knowledge and experience of Experian software products or similar competitor products. This may have been gained through a competitor or in a client business.
- Strong commercial understanding and drive
- Experience in determining and implementing strategic sales strategies
- Evidence of an ability to drive for results from a virtual team operating in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to persuade and influence others at all levels
- Determine the appropriate product and technology strategy for one or more of our strategic initiatives and how Experian can best realise these opportunities
- Provide thought leadership in the strategic initiative areas, ensuring we are front of mind with the end clients
- Speak at industry events and be on key panels associated with the strategic initiative areas
We provide all our people with an attractive base salary and a competitive reward package. But it's not all about salary. Think of it as a 'total reward package' that collectively adds value to your life at work and at home.
- Uncapped Commission
- A car allowance scheme
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
Whatever your package, we'd hope that you find working at Experian a truly fulfilling and beneficial experience.