This Position is open for Epsom, Oxford and Peterborough.
Do you have the drive, skills and career potential to work with us as Practice Manager
, leading and shaping the future of Atkins' Water Management Consultancy Practice? The role involves the motivation and leadership of a well-respected technical team and responsibility for its operational success. The South East represents around 90 of the 150+ staff in the practice and this role is crucial to developing those people, managing resources to deliver work across our extensive client portfolio, and growing the team to delivering our goals working closely with the Practice Director.
SNC-Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment.
As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Our IT systems support home-working, so where you have parental or carer duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; Atkins will work for you. Similarly, Atkins' corporate social responsibility provides the opportunity to give something back to the community, and we run professional networks supporting groups such as local schools, charities, parents, those coming out of the armed-forces and women in engineering.
Our Water Management Consultancy operates at the interface between people and the water environment. Our key services cover all aspects of water management including: flood and coastal erosion risk management, integrated catchment management, regulation and assurance, strategic asset management, water resources and water quality planning, hydrogeology and hydrology, aquatic ecology, hydromorphology and river restoration, climate futures and resilience, coastal and marine environmental management, natural capital assessment and economic appraisal.
You should have good project management skills, commercial awareness, and the confidence to lead a team of over 80 technical staff. You will have the chance to develop opportunities and support projects through our increasing portfolio of UK and international work, alongside our staff in Canada, USA, India, Africa and Asia Pacific. As a major engineering, environmental and design consultancy, Atkins offers opportunities for talented consultants to work on a wide variety of high profile projects.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to the future shaping of the Practice.
- Strong collaborative and network behaviours to interface with client decision makers, other Practices and businesses.
- Strong resource and line management experience from working with technical teams.
- Experience of working with off-shore support teams would be an advantage.
- Grow the team and motivate them through effective performance management and goal setting
- Work with the Market and Business Development teams to engage and expand a network of client decision makers and actively sell our technical capabilities
- Inspire and support the technical development of staff within the Practice team
- Ensure we have resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future market strategies.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
- People and customer focused with a high level of relationship management skill.
- Reputation for high level of performance.
- Self-motivated with an agile, winning attitude.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges and follow them through.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.