We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
The PR Executive - Factual and Writing, is a key position in the team, supporting the broader team on key campaigns and taking individual responsibility for specific tasks.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Work on priority PR campaigns for key original and acquired content, largely focused on Factual programming available via Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature and Sky Crime.
- Managing individual aspects of an overall campaign (e.g. media relations, press events or creative executions) and having sole responsibility for publicising some shows.
- Approximately 50% of this role will be focussed on creation of assets for press, particularly drafting well-written accurate synopses and programme information to drive previews\/reviews and pick of the day coverage in listings, online and national press.
- Writing press releases and other press materials as needed to the highest standard, researching and fact checking information as required.
- Proactive pitching to media to place interviews, stories, images and clips around campaigns.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven passion and flair for PR and the media, ideally demonstrating a particular passion for TV and content publicity. Likely will have 3 years of experience within PR or journalism.
- Excellent writing and asset creation skills. Editorial mindset - a desire to understand what makes a good story, and translate that into the assets and materials we create. Your background could be in journalism or copy-writing rather than PR.
- Collaboration - ability to be good team player. Understands that how you do something is as important as the end result.
- Ability to act with autonomy, seeking solutions to problems and referring upwards for guidance or to gain agreement on a recommendation.
- Understanding of PR and experience of working on PR campaigns and\/or previous writing or journalism experience.
- Experience pitching to journalists, an instinct for what makes a story and building and maintaining key relationships with an excellent network of print, broadcast and online contacts.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.