As a Platform Engineer, you'll be embedded in project and become the specialist assisting the project team in creating, supporting and maintaining the tooling, provisioning environments, build and release, and configuration management of both green-field software development as well as our customer's live applications. Our team prides ourselves in delivering high quality, robust, automated solution that is reusable and scalable where possible.
This role is as much about the people as it is the technology and bringing traditionally disparate teams closer together. You will be empowered and trusted to take your work all the way through to production and providing input to the engineering lifecycle assisting the project team from the sprint planning, development, packaging, testing and release.
We have projects of different stages and are looking for candidates from various levels in their career. SC clearance is necessary and you may be asked to apply for DV clearance when required. About you
You will have experience in the majority of the following:
- Good level of knowledge in Linux environment (windows server a bonus), for example ability to write bash script. (powershell desirable)
- Commercial experience with VMWare (VSphere), bare-metal, and cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- Use of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Packer and Jenkins
- Experience of working in an Agile scrum team, and the tooling that supports it, e.g. Atlassian suite (Bitbucket/Jira)
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting application issues and identify root cause across different levels of the stack
Ideally you will have experience in the following:
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Understanding of ITIL terminology for incident and problem management
- Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with building front end stack such as Angular.js using npm or back end language such as Java (maven, Gradle)
- Familiarisation with automation test frameworks such as Selenium (grid)
- Working knowledge of openshift, openstack
- Expertise in monitoring large systems using technologies such as ELK, Grafana and Prometheus (desirable)
- Awareness and insight into technology trends to adopt new cutting-edge tools
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.