A Physical Security Program Manager in Amazon is responsible for developing the safe solution to security problems. The Physical Security Program Manager works backwards from the customer to achieve the right business requirements. The Physical Security Program Manager seeks to understand these peculiarities and works with the business to develop a way of meeting those requirements, or modifying them so they can be met, with an acceptable level of risk. Physical Security Program Managers are the protectors of our associates, assets and information and ensure that the business adequately implements our security policies.
Technical Cross-domain expertise is necessary to be successful in the security field. You are expected to be industry leading domain experts, relative to your level, in at least one of the core sub-areas of security as defined by the industry-standard Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
• Physical Access Control Systems, Methodology and applications
• Intruder detection systems, methodology and applications
• Physical Security hardware, methodology and applications
• Security Management Practices
• Security tendering process
• Information Security principals and alignment to Physical Security
• Operational Security
• Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
• Law, Investigations, and Ethics
• Physical Security
• Holistic, ergonomic, Health & Safety and end to end project considerations
A Physical Security Program Manager has a role that is driven by interruptions and the Physical Security Program Manager must respond quickly and exhibit judgment under pressure. The most valuable members of the discipline are those who not only excel in that environment, but who thrive on it.
Expectations of Physical Security Program Manager typically include:
You recognize, adopt, utilize and teach best practices in the Physical Security Program Management: development of security frameworks, information security, security operations, security systems, policy, and response.
You have industry leading skills required by your role and area of specialty.
You have a high capacity and tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective, safe and secure guidance.
You participate in efforts to promote security throughout the Company.
You demonstrate a strong preference for assisting the business with achieving its goals as opposed to saying "no".
You relentlessly search for the root cause of problems to understand the broader context.
You maintain an understanding of the security threat environment and how it affects the company.
You find flaws in existing company processes and procedures and work with the appropriate stakeholders to get them remediated.
You understand the current state of the art of security and how they can benefit the company.
You keep your knowledge and skills current to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
You have a basic familiarity with the regulatory landscape in which Amazon operates.
You participate in efforts that create and improve the company's security policies.
You consistently demonstrate a very strong customer focus and make decisions based on what is best for our most important stakeholders: customers, shareholders, and employees.
You understand the Amazon business and work to develop solutions that enable the business within acceptable levels of risk.
You continually align your work with Amazon's business objectives and seek to deliver business value.
You are a trusted and valued business partners and act as the conscience of your customer.
Leadership and values
You work in a team, driving things forward and exhibiting the following characteristics:
You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer. When none of the proposals is the obvious winner, you are still able to disagree and commit to the team's decision.
You can work under extended, high pressure and handle changing situations calmly.
You continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge. You do not suffer from "analysis paralysis".
You build good working relationships within the team and with others across Amazon by developing and earning the trust of others.
You proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company.
You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups. You listen effectively.
You share information effectively to enable the team to operate more consistently and professionally.
You help recruit the very best people for Amazon through active participation in the overall recruiting process.
You embrace Amazon's Leadership Principles
Personal • Proactive: You do not wait for an engagement to solve problems. You display energy and initiative in locating and solving problems. You explore all possible avenues to get the job done.
• Adaptable: You undertake a variety of tasks willingly. You switch from complex to routine tasks when required. You adapt quickly to new processes and procedures. You work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles. You make appropriate short and long term tradeoffs and develop innovative solutions to hard problems.
• Quality: You produce quality output and demonstrate thoroughness.
• Integrity: You act with personal integrity at all times.
• Professional: You work within your team's process. You confront problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, take ownership. You have a positive, can-do approach to work.
• Judgement: You demonstrate excellent judgment in all business dealings. You demonstrate a high level of discretion, are able to work with the most confidential information within Amazon and keep information confidential.
• Ownership: You ensure positive hand-off, are persuasive and drive a solution.
• Experience in managing the operation and installation of global physical security systems. Including experience in writing design specifications and standards, technical manuals and procedures, and developing and delivering training programs
• BS degree (or higher) in Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience as a Physical Security Project Manager for large, complex, installations, is essential.
• Experience in project management methodologies (i.e. PRINCE2)
• Deep understanding of Analog and IP CCTV, Card Access, Intrusion, and Fire Systems.
• Experience with the Security Integrator Industry
• Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
• Ability to travel 75% of the time
• English speaker
• ASIS CPP, PSP or CISSP Certification
• TAPA experienced/qualified
• Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired, and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is a plus.
• Certification in Lenel Access Control Systems
• Lean Six Sigma
• Fluency in EU languages ideally French, Germany, Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus.
We can offer you the chance to work with and for great people in a company where you can really make a difference. We also offer competitive compensation packages. If you would like to work for a fast growing global organizations, giving you unlimited future career and development opportunities - then apply for Amazon.
We wait for your application.
For more information on Amazon Operations visit our microsite: http://www.amazon-operations.co.uk
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.