Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Go Gousto!Photography Assistant
Our Creative Team is home to Copywriters, Designers and our very own Photography studio. As a Creative at Gousto, you'll feast your eyes on groundbreaking brand partnerships (Wagamama? Marmite? Joe Wicks? Yes please!), mouthwatering photoshoots (may we refer you to our DIY pizzas), and red hot new recipe ranges right from the oven. We make everything look and sound Gousto, from the billboards you see at train stations to the big red box that arrives at your doorstep.
We've built a team of razor sharp creative talent in recent years, but the Gousto trajectory is rocket-worthy and every team in the biz wants to work with us. We need more creative muscle in our gang so we can get stuck into every opportunity we get our pencils on. So if you love food - looking at it, writing about it, photographing it, or just thinking about it - and want to share that passion with the world, send us your tastiest portfolio (or foodie instagram) and dust off your best chat. You could be our missing ingredient!
Our in-house kitchen creates brand new, top-notch recipes every week, and it's our job to make sure they look just as mouth watering as they taste. We're looking for a photography assistant to keep the photo shoots running smoothly and help develop our unique styleCore Responsibilities:
Requirements Who you are:
- Performing photo retouching, enhancement, digital manipulation, and basic video editing to deliver best-in-class imagery
- Assisting in the studio on video and photography shoots and occasionally assisting on location shoots
- Managing the sourcing and hiring of photography equipment from outside suppliers
- Supporting the team to source props that continue to reflect our brand position and guidelines
- Lifting heavy photo equipment, set pieces and props
- Keeping digital assets organised, backed up and create an efficient workflow
- Pricing up jobs and working with invoices
- Bringing a positive energy and a creative point of view to the brand community and Gousto as a whole
To apply for this role you'll have a passion for food photography and how it is shown in books, online and in videos. You'll have experience assisting on photoshoots, understand how they are run, be used to working in a fast-paced studio environment and have a keen sense of organisation. Being eager to learn is important, as is having a creative eye for all things food and props, and a sound understanding of the Gousto brand and culture.
As well as top-notch photography skills, you'll have:
- A diploma or BA in photography with experience working in a photographic studio
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Capture One and a good working knowledge of Premiere and Final Cut
- Strong editing and retouching skills
- Confidence working with a wide range of equipment including Elinchrom/Profoto Flash and HMI Lighting
- Knowledge of the latest technology and confidence in suggesting new options
- A passion for food and an eye for trends in the food industry
- Exceptional organisation, the ability to multitask under pressure, and the capacity to work quickly while maintaining absolute attention to detail
- Good communication skills with a positive can-do attitude
- A natural ability to build great relationships with people from across the business