This role is for the Performance and Development Associate primarily developing capability within the Consumer Hub and is a 12month secondment. The Role
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
Authorisations ensures that only firms and individuals in key roles that are fit and proper may enter and remain in the market. It does this via the gateway, which includes the essential role played by the Supervision Hub.
At various times Authorisations interacts with 56,000 firms and more than 130,000 individuals authorised and approved by the FCA as well as a constant stream of new entrants to the market. Through interactions with firms, whether already authorised or new entrants, the Division helps to shape how firms operate or propose to operate in the market.
Within our Division, the Supervision Hub provides information and guidance to both regulated firms and consumers who contact the FCA by telephone, web chat, letter and email. For many customers, the Supervision Hub is the voice of the FCA. Both the Firm and Consumer Supervision Hubs are measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators which are published externally.
The Supervision Hub Performance and Development Associate is responsible for delivering training, overseeing training delivery and developing the knowledge, skills and capability of our Supervisors and Team Leaders so that they can perform their responsibilities confidently and competently. This role is for the Performance and Development Associate primarily developing capability within the Consumer Hub and is a 12month secondment. What does this job involve?
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required? Minimum
- Is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of training interventions across the Supervision Hub which meet personal operational and development needs in technical and behavioural subjects.
- Provide technical and behavioural coaching for supervisors and team leaders to improve performance to operational metrics.
- Work with and provide advice to the department's extended management team, in identifying, developing, designing, delivering and evaluating targeted learning interventions which continually improve performance in line with the operational metrics.
- Responsible for formal and informal evaluation of delivered learning interventions and manage appropriate interventions to fill the identified gaps and learning requirements.
- Oversee and Support the ongoing delivery and continuous development of the Peer Learning programme within allocated areas of responsibility within the department.
- Provide Train The Trainer courses, coaching and development support activity for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Act as a role-model within the department in the design, delivery and continuous development of learning to the standards defined and documented within the departments Learning Approach.
- Manage and take responsibility for the delivery of training programmes within the department including (Induction, cross-skill /up-skill programmes) regulatory change, business change, externally delivered training programmes, including outsourcing.
- Provide training expertise and add value as an SME for the delivery of business and department change projects, ensuring that the project is delivered on time and in line with the expectations / requirements agreed.
- As required, design and write learning initiatives (training courses, targeted learning interventions) using full instructional design cycle to the departmental standards as defined within the Learning Approach.
- Developing, maintaining andinfluencing relationships with business subject matter experts in order to gain commitment and support for design and delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring learning objectives from syllabus are being met and where required design evaluation assessmentsand implementinto Question Mark Supervision Hub assessment software.
- What will the candidate get from the role?
- Opportunity to shape and deliver the people development approach of the Supervision Hub
- Opportunity to share your knowledge, expertise and experience with colleagues who are keen to learn and develop
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of initiatives across the entire breadth of the firm and consumer journey
- A continued varied, extensive / broad range of change initiatives
- Opportunity to continue to develop your capabilities across the broad range of responsibilities within the Supervision Hub
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.
- Experienced in delivery of performance improvement learning and coaching interventions within Contact Centres
- Experience in all aspects of the training cycle. Training Needs Analysis (TNA) training design (ADDIE), Training absorption and evaluation
- Experience in learning and development practices and application
- Experience assessing learning absorption and identifying where further training / learning support is required
- Wide and deep technical knowledge of how the FCA regulates firms to protect consumers
- Experience of financial services regulation
- Experience in Professional Conversation techniques - best practice within Contact Centre industry
- Highly experienced in the standard operating procedures and practices of Contact Centres
- Excellent internal stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure/adapt to changing deadlines and timescales
- Appropriate professional qualifications in commercial Learning & Development
- The job family for this role is Reg C
- The salary range will be £46,000 to £60,000 plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension
- Applications for this role close on Sunday 17th October.
Stage 1: On-line application, please submit your CV and answer to the following application question "Why do you believe that you are suitable for this role?". Please ensure that you specifically relate your answer to the criteria listed in the job advert, covering your relevant skills, technical knowle9dge and competencies. (Max 300 words)
Stage 2: Screening - your application will then be forwarded to the recruiting managers
Stage 3: Selection & assessment process (could be subject to change) - Competency based interview Please note - Applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications sent via email will not be accepted