The Targeting Business Unit is one of the fastest growing areas of Experian. Every day major brands such as M&S, MBNA and Vodafone use Experian data and services to deliver more effective and respectful marketing to consumers. Experian data is used in social media marketing, programmatic marketing, smart TV as well as more traditional marketing channels such as e-mail and direct mail. Targeting's strategy to innovate in digital marketing and invest in its core data assets allows us to deliver great customer service to our clients. A key part of our success in Targeting is our Partnership and Alliances team, which is also fast growing. This team works with agencies, resellers and partners to provide solutions to clients that benefits the partners, the end client, Experian and ultimately the end consumer, including consumer insight, precision targeting, cross channel marketing and data quality. Due to phenomenal growth we are looking to recruit a new Business Development Manager within this team. We are looking for someone who will proactively build new relationships, find new opportunities and help grow our partner relationships. You will need to be hungry for success, keen to pick up the phone, interact on LinkedIn and take pleasure in going out and meeting new people. However, the rewards are there for those that succeed and the opportunity for Experian in this space is vast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In particular, the role of Business Development Manager will include:
§ Build and maintain a prospect list of opportunity partners for us to build relationships with
§ Identify and develop new engagements across these partners
§ Proactively collaborate across Experian to maximise the opportunity within clients
§ Build strong sustainable relationships with clients; managing each partner effectively in order to increase sales revenue and identify opportunities to cross/up sell.
§ Work closely with products and propositions team to support the development and introduction of new solutions and frameworks
§ Work closely with delivery teams to ensure the successful delivery of all projects - ranging from data delivery, software implementation to analytics and consulting projects
§ Help promote Experian's range of products and services by participating at seminars, round tables and other initiatives when required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
· Be responsible for both account management and business development with a New Business target for FY20
· Develop new business opportunities through proactive engagement in the indirect sector (including agencies, resellers, consultancies and media companies)
· Protect and grow existing client base through effective account management - a mixture of telesales, Web/Video Conferencing LinkedIn/Social engagement and face to face activity, this is a 20%/80% mixture of existing non-contracted business and CFI/New Business
· Develop and maintain a strategy for growth of new business by extending reach through indirect channels - through the production of a business plan and activity
· Selling the range of Data, Analytics tools and solutions and where applicable identifying leads and opportunities to work with other business units both in the UK and Internationally
· Understand and participate in performance management processes
· Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers. Qualifications
Ideally a degree level qualification
The qualities we are looking for in the successful candidate will include
· Proven sales track record and New Business development
· Experience in tele-sales and demonstrates a confident telephone manner
· Experience in presenting solutions face-to-face
· Ability to develop and prioritise their own customer and prospect lists, and updating Experian's SalesForce CRM solution to precisely reflect activity and sales opportunities
· Experience, willingness and aptitude for setting up their own appointments through a mixture of calls, e-mails, networking and marketing campaigns.
· An ability to work cohesively as part of a successful team and have a 'One Experian' approach
Desirable but not essential:
· A knowledge of the Targeting proposition including data hygiene, customer acquisition, customer profiling and insight, location planning, cross channel marketing including an awareness of the digital marketing services landscape.
· Experience of working with and successfully delivering solutions to clients in the Indirect environment
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.