Our indirect tax transformation practice works with clients to help improve the operational aspects of indirect tax/VAT compliance through systems, technology and process. Through a combination of strong VAT technical knowledge, deep understanding and experience of major ERP systems and the use of technology tools and methodologies, we deliver solutions to our clients helping them improve their indirect tax management. The opportunity
Our high profile indirect tax transformation team based within our London offices in the UK focuses on assisting clients with transformation programmes and the operational management of VAT. This includes helping clients react to and adjust their VAT management approach as a result of the global trend towards tax authority digitisation. They advise clients on a wide range of operational, systems and technology projects, including ERP system VAT optimisation, process, controls and supply chain, whilst also working with innovative technologies including machine learning and robotics.
This is a significant area of growth for EY's indirect tax practice and, as a result, we are looking to expand the team through the recruitment of high achieving individual.
As part of this expansion and in recognition of the significant market activity in this space, we are looking to recruit professionals with deep knowledge and experience Oracle VAT functionality and wider business perspective. In particular, we are seeking to recruit individuals with experience of working on Oracle implementation projects and configuring the native Oracle tax engine.
We are seeking experienced professionals with significant Oracle EBS and Fusion VAT configuration experience ideally across AR and AP modules. Wider experience across these modules outside of just indirect tax would also be preferable. In addition, experience and knowledge of Oracle tax reporting, both out-of-the-box and customisable would be preferred. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- You will be an Oracle subject matter expert within the team and will have both a project delivery and business development focus.
- You will responsible for delivering Oracle VAT optimisation projects with our clients, including our largest and most significant clients.
- Such projects would include the review of client current state Oracle tax engine configuration and reporting from a VAT perspective and the provision of VAT expertise as part of Oracle transformation programmes.
- In delivering these projects, you would be expected to have the experience to cover the following:
- Indirect tax engine configuration experience
- Gathering of VAT business requirements across OTC, PTP and RTR
- Design of VAT configuration/solution - including business process and blueprint design
- Solutioning where standard Oracle functionality does not meet client VAT requirements
- VAT testing both with project teams and client teams
- Liaison with client Oracle implementation teams and acting as the conduit between the tax/VAT function and the Oracle implementation team
- Providing experience and viewpoints on Oracle work processes and configuration design across Oracle modules
- Acting as overall EY project manager on client Oracle VAT projects
- Working on projects to assist clients implement tax engines alongside Oracle and other ERP systems (in particular Oracle R12) - including tax engines from Vertex, Thomson Reuters and Avalara. This will involve integration with SAP/Oracle and configuration and testing of the tax engine.
- The role will include direct engagement with clients around VAT and Oracle, including liaising with client IT functions and offering recommendations for improvements and how these may best be implemented.
- You will be expected to work independently and manage your time and workload accordingly, as well as managing your team resources to ensure effective delivery.
- You will also be expected to integrate effectively with the Indirect Tax Transformation team and effectively team on projects and client engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Oracle software solutions - Underpinned with strong functional process knowledge and an ability to contextualise technology and deliver business value
- Detailed knowledge of core VAT functionality within Oracle EBS and Fusion including tax coding, condition sets and rules, regime to rate set-up, tax procedures and key master data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build 'Trusted Adviser' relationships
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
- Deep experience of the ERP implementation methodologies such as Waterfall, Hybrid-Agile and Agile methods (eg. Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
Ideally, you'll also have
- Oracle EBS/R12
- Oracle Fusion
- Tax engine experience (Vertex or Thomson Reuters or Taxware or Avalara)
- Designing and delivering SAP solutions (incl. evidence of displaying thought leadership) in two or more of the following areas:
- The ability to structure teams, manage work streams and architect Oracle VAT solutions
- Project Management experience
What working at EY offers
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible Apply Now Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.