The Resilience & Agility community brings together teams including Data & Analytics, Operations &
Delivery, Payments, Supply Chain Management and Transformation. Resilience & Agility works
collectively to play a key role in delivering the Society's strategy.
Within Resilience & Agility Business Operations brings together the overarching activities required to
support the community's ambitious agenda. We act as a central hub, ensuring the smooth running of the
community, and connect teams on key topics.
- Governance and Regulatory Support Manager based in our head offices in Swindon
- £42,370 - £61,201 a year
- Send in your application by 25 th November 2019.
We are looking for a manager support first line regulatory activity and provide deep specialist expertise within the Resilience & Agility (R&A) Community to ensure the organisation can demonstrate that existing regulations are complied with and that adequate preparation is made to comply with emerging regulation. Support with the R&A Community's overarching governance structure ensuring key decisions are documented through robust governance which aligns to an Agile delivery methodology.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you must have:
It would be nice if you also had:
- In depth market knowledge of the PRA/FCA Regulatory agendas
- An understanding of the key activities within R&A, which include Operational Resilience / Disaster Recovery, Payments, Data Management, Security
- Technical Knowledge of Product Regulation, Business Regulation, Firm Regulation and Prudential Regulation
- An understanding of how to translate strategic commitments and risks to ensure accurate and relevant information is provided to external bodies
- Understanding the impact that both the political and macro-economic environment could have on the R&A strategy
- Conceptual thinker, able to influence
- Experience in developing and managing stakeholder and business relationships, with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Industry recognised qualifications in compliance or risk management
What you'll be doing
In this role you will be:
- Support Senior Manager in leading the strategy and approach to all regulatory matters related to the accountabilities held by the R&A community
- Act as a referral point and SME for the R&A and his leadership team on regulatory and governance matters
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identifying, planning and preparation for regulatory matters over both short and long term affecting R&A. Working across R&A and with Risk Community where appropriate to input into responses for the regulator, fostering co-operation and driving forward/agreeing actions to close gaps as appropriate
- Establish and maintain excellent professional working relationships with relevant internal stakeholders, including those at senior levels of the organisation, including specialists across relevant teams
- Responsible for ensuring translation of horizon scanning activity is completed for all R&A areas of interest - working closely with colleagues across the R&A and colleagues in compliance teams, as well as working with external parties where required, to provide a full and broad insight on all relevant matters
- Undertake gap analysis and provide input to strategic planning for the R&A function from a regulatory and governance perspective, with ability to clearly communicate and influence on recommended priorities and actions
- Support with the development of the R&A Community's governance framework, including meeting cadence, reporting requirements and escalation routes and ensuring ongoing effectiveness and to enable effective decision making
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we'll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you'll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we'll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry - safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.