The BBC is one of the UK's most well-known and loved brands. With 95% of the UK using the BBC every week, we're the highest reaching media provider in the UK, driven by the strength of our portfolio across TV, Radio and Online.
The Contingent Workforce team is an integral part of the BBC Resourcing function, part of the HR division. The team works closely with the Production areas within the BBC to ensure all our freelance engagements are compliant with tax and employment legislation whilst also providing an excellent service to the freelancers themselves.
We've now expanding the remit of the team to cover engagements for On-Air Talent, and are looking for a Team Leader to manage the delivery of this service.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Advisors in carrying out employment status assessments in a consistent manner
- Monitoring incoming volumes and prioritising as required
- Identifying requests which have the potential to become complicated or cause issues, and taking ownership until resolved or escalating as appropriate
- Providing regular feedback on the day to day operation and any points of policy
- Working with the other specialist teams (HR, Tax, Legal) to build on existing policy frameworks and make recommendations for improvements.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for somebody with experience working in or leading high volume, quick turn-around operational teams. You'll have an awareness of employment and tax legislation and how that impacts contracting, and you'll be experienced in translating policy to advice at all levels on complex issues.
Creative and curious, you'll be motivated by leading change and helping those around you to thrive. You will be a great communicator, able to use a range of techniques to influence others and develop relationships with diverse colleagues and stakeholders. Whatever your background, you'll be comfortable with compliance and audit requirements and be experienced in using a variety of frameworks to help with decision making.
We need someone who is able to bring the best out in the team; to develop and maintain an engaged team that deliver results in a positive culture. In order to meet this requirement, we want somebody with previous experience of being able to coach and mentor individuals and teams.
Contract type: 12 month fixed-term contract
Location: London We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here