Gousto was founded in 2012 by Timo Boldt, with a mission to change the way that people plan, cook and eat at home. Gousto is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK. On a mission to help families enjoy good food, we believe home cooking is important, so we've made it simple.
We take the hassle out of planning, shopping and cooking, by delivering weekly meals with pre-portioned ingredients and recipes cards ready to cook, so there's no more ' what's for dinner ' panic.
Gousto currently leads the category in the UK offering more choice, more delivery options and lower lead times than any of its competitors. This is really only the beginning though, we have big plans to transform our proposition in 2020 and beyond.
Over 1 billion meals are consumed each week in the UK, and 75% of Brits cook daily.
The UK is a tremendous market opportunity for online food, with an ongoing shift in purchasing habits from offline to online. The grocery market is worth £200bn: if just 1% was delivered through recipe boxes this would give a massive £2bn opportunity in our space. Our proposition also benefits from a number of continued macro trends, including a focus on health, sustainability and convenience.
Two thirds of the UK population has not yet heard of recipe boxes and c.10% have heard of Gousto highlighting massive opportunity for growth (despite Gousto already being in the top 0.1% of the largest UK businesses as measured by total revenue).
After a further £30M investment we are ideally positioned to capitalise on this opportunity.
Our Operation has tripled in size in the last 24 months and we are now about to undertake our biggest ever programme of capacity expansion. This is an exciting and challenging time for Gousto and particularly for our Operations and Supply Chain teams.
The Operational Excellence Team is responsible for making our operations world class, to ensure that we become the nation's loved way to eat dinner. To deliver this vision it is imperative that we continually improve our operations to improve our customer experience, drive efficiencies and have an engaged team that truly "put Gousto first".
The entire team at Gousto is enormously driven - We want to win this market. The environment, underpinned by our ownership principles , is highly dynamic, so everyone has measurable impact and can make a real difference.
Operational Excellence Manager
To take our Operation to the next level, we are looking to hire an operational excellence manager to support our efforts in becoming a world class operation that continually improves across people, process and technology.
The Operations Excellence team works closely with teams in operations, technology and proposition to come up with solutions to our biggest customer and operational problems. This role sits in the Operations Excellence team and is embedded in the Gousto supply tribe, to support cross functional collaboration.
Our Operational Excellence Manager will focus on ensuring that we are constantly improving the way things are done across our supply chain and operation to improve the customer experience, expand our capacity and improve efficiency.
What you'll do
- Thinking Big - working with teams to find solutions to complex problems that matter, such as analysing how we can step change our on time in full performance.
- You will continually look to challenge the way things are done across our operations and supply chain, leveraging latest industry best practice to ensure that we innovate.
- Supporting shaping our strategy for operational excellence, by creating a clear roadmap for the domains that you work with.
- Lead delivery of key strategic transformations that build operational capability through working closely with Tech and Operational teams.
- Set up and run cross functional project teams with Buying, Food Technical, Operations, Proposition and Digital Product to drive the programme forward.
- Collaborate with teams to map out changes required across people, process and systems taking these plans and turning them into action using your ability to overcome resistance to ensure improvements are embedded.
- Prioritise resource efforts with Analytics, Finance and Operations to ensure we focus our efforts on projects that have the biggest impact on our On time in full experience.
- Drive engagement across a wide range of stakeholders, from the shop floor to the board room, you will become the "go to" person for how to improve our operation.
- Set what good looks like for projects, leading assessments post launch to ensure we continue learning and improve our delivery capability
- You will work on ensuring that colleagues across our operation have the tools to do the job and that customer experience is at the heart of what we do.
Who you are!
- An Operational Excellence Leader who thrives in a high growth environment. You drive impact with a real bias for action!
- You have a background in operations, supply chain or consulting.
- You've delivered cross functional operational change projects and have left a significant legacy in previous roles.
- People come to you to help solve complex problems and you are regularly called upon you for your cross functional expertise.
- You cut through inefficient processes and challenge the status quo.
- Bringing operational data to life is part of your experience - you are highly commercial and regularly use data to drive action.
- Project management and/or change delivery with a fundamental understanding of different project management methods and when/how best to deploy them
- Commercial, analytical and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
- An ability to quickly build valuable relationships that you leverage to take people with you through change
- Exceptional communicator at all levels of an organisation
- Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
- Consulting or Industry experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be an advantage!
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.