Essex County Council continues to review its ways of working during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to work within adult social care with a focus on "digital first", where the default position is, where possible, for our staff to work from home ( this is continuously reviewed). All candidates applying to Adult Social Care will be expected to join on a 12-week rota on a 6-day shift pattern and this will include some weekend work. However, we still promote flexible working and a flexible work pattern can be discussed. For further details please enquire with our resourcing team, alternatively working patterns can be discussed at interview.
Essex County Council ( ECC) can offer a wide range of opportunities within Social Care for Occupational Therapists across a variety of teams and the chance to develop your career in one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK.
We have a variety of opportunities available for those looking to develop their career with us. From early intervention to ongoing support. We have roles across Essex and hold assessment centres across the county. We are holding our next recruitment day for Occupational Therapists on July 24 2020 via video calling (Microsoft Team).
North Essex covers our offices in Colchester and Clacton. It is a diverse area to work in encompassing rural , costal and urban communities all with their own unique challenges. Essex County Council work closely with their partners in North Essex, those joining teams in this area are uniquely positioned to be increasingly involved in partnership projects across local authorities and the NHS. As a social care professional, and Occupational Therapist you will find the opportunity to develop your career, supported by a culture of innovation and a genuine ambition to change lives.
We are looking for those who are passionate about Social Care and want to be part of our mission
to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available; to ensure our service users have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with, including those in need of long term care.Knowledge, skills and experience
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B.Sc O.T. or other professional qualification recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards. Current r egistration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience within a social care setting, with evidence of challenging social and family situations
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned.
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0333 013 5888.